widget verse apps & differance???? (nklr)

DSN_KLR650
Susan Moorhead

tires

Post by Susan Moorhead » Fri Jun 22, 2001 9:09 pm

Kurt, Thanks for the info, first I've heard of the Roadrunners. Regards, Marshall in Afton, Ok '95 KLXC3 "Blackhorse"
----- Original Message ----- From: Kurt Simpson To: Susan Moorhead ; DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 10:39 PM Subject: RE: [DSN_klr650] Tires > > Is anyone using a street tire on the rear of their KLR? What brand, what > model, how many miles do you get out of it? > ________ > > John Lyle and Tom Simpson have used Avon Roadrunners and have reported 15,000-20,000 > miles if I recall correctly... > > Kurt > >

whalenwp@hotmail.com

tires

Post by whalenwp@hotmail.com » Thu Aug 23, 2001 3:32 pm

I have Metzeler Enduro 4's and love them for 90/10 tires. I have almost 6,000 miles on them and they look great still. They are great on the road and hookup real nice still in the Florida sand. Up in Georgia they did not do to well in the wet clay though. One added benefit to them begin readials is that I have hit some pretty bad holes and have bottomed them out real bad but have never had a flat. I would like to start a tread on riders preference for 90/10 between the Metzeler Enduro 4's, Michelin's T66x, and Avon Gripster. Bill "SandShark"

RichardM

tires

Post by RichardM » Thu Aug 23, 2001 5:01 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., whalenwp@h... wrote:
>I would like to start a tread on riders preference for 90/10 between >the Metzeler Enduro 4's, Michelin's T66x, and Avon Gripster.
I'll bite. I belive that the Gripster AM24 will generally have the best off-road traction. The other two tires have very large tread blocks and fewer grooves. They do not have as many biting edges as the AM24. All three tires lack the side lugs of the OEM K750.

KLR650 Mailig List

tires

Post by KLR650 Mailig List » Fri Aug 24, 2001 10:10 am

Lets see, Couple of weeks ago I bought a set of Pirelli MT90 for my KLR. Man this is the best road tire I could of ever wanted for this bike. It sticks to the road like crazy, perfect in wet, and believe me I tested it in 2 major rain storms. After 2300 miles you can barely see any wear on the rear tire and a bit more on the front. On the 80+ degree days this tire is as stick as any race tire. I love it. I am not sure I would like to test it in mud or sand it is a street bias tire, tried some gravel and oh is it nice and slipery, but so were my stock tires. The new tires, brakepads and a fork brace, makes KLR a different beast and in the twisties it will keep up with the best of them. Thank you Fred and the list for good advices and Freds unbeliveable service. fil
> --- In DSN_klr650@y..., whalenwp@h... wrote: > >>I would like to start a tread on riders preference for 90/10 between >>the Metzeler Enduro 4's, Michelin's T66x, and Avon Gripster. > > I'll bite. I belive that the Gripster AM24 will generally have the > best off-road traction. The other two tires have very large tread > blocks and fewer grooves. They do not have as many biting edges as > the AM24. All three tires lack the side lugs of the OEM K750. > > > Welcome! > Checkout dualsportnews.com > Be part of the Adventure! > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
-- '01 KLR650-A15

achesley@globalreach.net

tires

Post by achesley@globalreach.net » Sun Aug 26, 2001 1:17 pm

I have Avon Gripsters AM 22/23's think. Had Kenda 270s but too much noise on the highway. Mich T 66's. I tried a set on my '95 R11GSA and didn't care for them. Much too slippery on paint lines and in the wet for me. May work better on the lighter KLR, don't know. I'll probably just stay with the Gripsters as I know what to expect from them for what I ride in and on and they're not too bad on pricing.

marlinspike@webtv.net

tires

Post by marlinspike@webtv.net » Fri Oct 19, 2001 8:39 pm

i just put on a new set of maxxis tires. stock size. ran a 100 miles and they did ok on the road( not as smooth as gripsters) and the little off roading i did(some burms, couple of pasture fields etc) they felt really solid. my question is---what happens when the road gets wet?? I mean with real conservativeriding?? anyone have experience with these tires??? thx kingfish PS-- they are the 50/50 tires

monahanwb@yahoo.com

tires

Post by monahanwb@yahoo.com » Fri Oct 19, 2001 9:28 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., marlinspike@w... wrote:
> i just put on a new set of maxxis tires. stock size.
Mr. Kingfish, I may like to add that I use them ol Maxxis C6006s, front and rear, three or four sets so far. I like 'em just like you said, and you can slide them all you want as long as you take advantage of the KLR's gentle motor, by using the throttle nice and smooth. I think they are really excellent tires. Cost and mileage are not big parts of my criteria, either. Even though they go an easy 5000 and don't cost much. Great pavement tires.

marlinspike@webtv.net

tires

Post by marlinspike@webtv.net » Sun Nov 18, 2001 10:17 am

i would like some advice. i am running maxxis 6006 and they are superb in the dirt ,grass etc but on the road 60 and over is really a pain because of the noise. i have freinds that ride street bikes and street oriented KLRs( one has stock tires,one gripsters an one a dunlopm street tire. they want to run 65--80 mph and wile i can go that fast it is very tireing. I am going to switch tires to a street set up. what is the best street oriented tire that has these qualifications: 1. good road grip. 2.smooth. 3. really good on wet roads. 4. excellent on dirt and gravel roads. 5.will run on grass like road burms ,parks etc. NO serious off road stuff. thanks in advance ,i really would appreciate you experienced riders input. thx. kingfish

R.M.Waite II

tires

Post by R.M.Waite II » Fri Jan 25, 2002 2:30 am

Unfortunately, I have to pay for them. They were nice enough to let me play, I mean work off of my bike, and pay for the gas while I do it, so I don't want to push it.. ---- Richard M Waite II KY Dept. Of Fish & Wildlife Wildlife & Boating Officer Madison County Rescue Squad Dive Team Leader BK KY III KG4KFI AOL IM: KYFW907 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

TLrydr@aol.com

tires

Post by TLrydr@aol.com » Tue Mar 19, 2002 10:14 pm

Just got my Kenda 325-21 in, Very light weight tire, A lot lighter than the stocker or a IRC GP110 300-21 tire, The Kenda 270 rear 510-17 feels about the same as the stock one and the IRC GP 110, But the front sure is light, Can we say easy flats, It says 4 ply but feels like a 2 PLY, NO shit. I dont think i would buy another one just on the fact it is so light, Cheap rubber? beats me. Me and ole Dave gonna give the Kenda a work out in Mexico, Real soon. Got 7 bikes in the garage and the KJLR is calling strong,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Mexico here i come . Mike