big a$$ helmet cam video: blair klr project?

DSN_KLR650
Tengai Mark Van Horn

nklr-snake bites

Post by Tengai Mark Van Horn » Fri May 21, 2004 11:27 am

At 11:35 AM +0000 5/21/04, James L. Miller Jr. wrote:
>This part you're correct on. I had an "inject the radioactive dye >in the body and see where it goes" done a bunch of years ago. They >injected the shot into my L arm. by the time I picked up my head to >watch the scope, you could see the stuff already working through the >legs and back up.
That's because it was an IV injection. An intramuscular or subcutaneous injection will travel more slowly, buy tou still won't be able to suck snake venom out of it
> Course, I had to piss in a lead lined bottle for >the rest of the day, but it was fun to watch!
Ya, I have this done once. I didn't have to pee in a lead bottle. Rather, it was fun to take the Geiger counter into the men's room with me and get the counts in the urinal. Mark http://www.reelrider.com

Don Bittle

nklr-snake bites

Post by Don Bittle » Fri May 21, 2004 11:40 am

> I drove 80 thru the streets of Del Rio. And no, I doesn't feel like a wasp
sting. I used this "fact" on my wife to try to calm her and now I have 2 assholes. The smaller ones (like people) are the most dangerous. First aid? Probably nothing except for a clinic. They gave her a shot of Benedryl. You might try this on your own. Yes honey, I've learned never to bring a cowskull found alongside the road into my van -excuse me- your van. don
> All right. In that case, what's one supposed to do if he gets stung by > a scorpion? > > -Lujo > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ
courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html
> Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > >

aboyandhisdawg

nklr-snake bites

Post by aboyandhisdawg » Fri May 21, 2004 12:03 pm

however, that was probably an intravenous injection, not an intramuscular injection. with IV, the substance is injected directly into the bloodsream, via IM, the capilaries need time to pick up the substance... a snake bite will most likely be simply an IM strike. fixer --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "James L. Miller Jr." wrote:
> This part you're correct on. I had an "inject the radioactive dye > in the body and see where it goes" done a bunch of years ago. They > injected the shot into my L arm. by the time I picked up my head to > watch the scope, you could see the stuff already working through the > legs and back up. Course, I had to piss in a lead lined bottle for > the rest of the day, but it was fun to watch! > millerized > (the "radiation poisoning" afterwards wasn't all that much fun, tho) > > --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "squasher_1"
> wrote: by the time you get your knife out and cut, the > > venom has already circulated through out your body. I think it only > > takes a few seconds for the blood to circulate in your body.

matteeanne@yahoo.com

nklr-snake bites

Post by matteeanne@yahoo.com » Sat May 22, 2004 12:42 am

Simple rule, dont bother them they dont bother you. Zip up your tent at night, and check your boots in the morning and dont worry about it! --- Gary Parece wrote:
> Hi, being from the east coast we don't really run > into (at least I don't ) snacks that are a threat. > but i'm a little concerned with running into them > and what to do before hand to be prepared just in > case I get bitten by a snake ( rattle and other > harmful snakes ) while in Moab and the southwest. > Is there medicine that can be bought over the > counter while out there or is there something I have > to get prescribed from my doctor?? Should I be > concerned at all? or is it a freak thing when > somebody gets bitten by a harmful snake?? Even if it > is a freak thing I would still want to be prepared! > Any insight on this subject would be very > appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > Gary Parece > 98 concours 101K, 01 VFR 5K > 02 DRZ400E,KLR650 2K > > [Non-text portions of this message have been > removed] > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at > www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris > Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > >
__________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Domains Claim yours for only $14.70/year http://smallbusiness.promotions.yahoo.com/offer

aboyandhisdawg

big a$$ helmet cam video: blair klr project?

Post by aboyandhisdawg » Sat May 22, 2004 2:42 am

set your monitor to grays and it reminds me of "The Blair Witch Project"! fixer
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Devon wrote: > Woods riding in CT with a buddy last saturday. About three hours of > mixed single-track, jeep roads, etc. > > Cut down to 8'41", 87mb, hope you like Chemical Brothers. I've been > experimenting with different windproofing setups for the helmetcam mike, > this was the worst so I cut the audio off and put in a music track instead. > > Devon