oxtar infinity now sidi discovery

DSN_KLR650
Lujo Bauer

kings tires

Post by Lujo Bauer » Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:26 am

If you're looking for good street tires you might want to consider the Bridgestone Trailwing TW21/TW22, which are certainly very street biased. They handle very well on pavement, they last long (over 6000 miles so far and they still look quite good), and they are much cheaper than the Dunlops. http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~lbauer/klr/#Tires for a few pictures. -Lujo mpotvin01 wrote:
> Hey all, > > First, a big hearty thank you for all the advise. I think I will > order a set of Dunlops D604's. They are pricey ( 400 bucks Canada > money)but I don't want to chance and funny handling. I ride pretty > hard on the street. Second, Mule I am not sure why I get good milage > outta the stock tires. I have not hit wear marker yet, I figure I > could go another 1000-1500 miles. The only thing that I figure is > it's cold here most of the time and my rides are usually not that long > 6-7 miles to work but they are longer on the weekends :) Thanks again. > > > Cheers, Michael
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

bkowalca

kings tires

Post by bkowalca » Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:15 am

The Bridgestone Trailwing TW21/TW22 are great tires. The actual perform quite well in the dirt, better than you would expect by looking at them. For back road touring on gravel and hard dirt they are excellent. They also ride comfortable and handle well on the street. For a cheaper alternative to the Dunlops, maybe try the Maxxis M6017. If you are in the Toronto area, Parker Brothers (http://www.powersports.ca/) can give you a good deal. They will also ship the tires to you cheap. Bryan K A14
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Lujo Bauer wrote: > If you're looking for good street tires you might want to consider the > Bridgestone Trailwing TW21/TW22, which are certainly very street biased. > They handle very well on pavement, they last long (over 6000 miles so > far and they still look quite good), and they are much cheaper than the > Dunlops. http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~lbauer/klr/#Tires for a few pictures. > > -Lujo > > mpotvin01 wrote: > > Hey all, > > > > First, a big hearty thank you for all the advise. I think I will > > order a set of Dunlops D604's. They are pricey ( 400 bucks Canada > > money)but I don't want to chance and funny handling. I ride pretty > > hard on the street. Second, Mule I am not sure why I get good milage > > outta the stock tires. I have not hit wear marker yet, I figure I > > could go another 1000-1500 miles. The only thing that I figure is > > it's cold here most of the time and my rides are usually not that long > > 6-7 miles to work but they are longer on the weekends :) Thanks again. > > > > > > Cheers, Michael > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Allan Patton

kings tires

Post by Allan Patton » Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:29 am

----- Original Message -----
> I think I will order a set of Dunlops D604's.
My 604 on the back has almost 5,000 miles and is ready to be replaced. Good street tire, but the mileage is a little disappointing. Allan A14

kcuf_oohay_666

kings tires

Post by kcuf_oohay_666 » Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:38 pm

Iv'e had 604's on front and rear but I like the Metzler Tourance better. they last longer and hold the road better. I got about 5k from the 604's and 9K from the tourance --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Allan Patton" wrote:
> > ----- Original Message ----- > > I think I will order a set of Dunlops D604's. > > My 604 on the back has almost 5,000 miles and is ready to be
replaced. Good
> street tire, but the mileage is a little disappointing. > > Allan A14

Murray Fraser

kings tires

Post by Murray Fraser » Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:27 pm

Anybody have any experience with Kings Tires. Either KT966 or KT967? Any thoughts appreciated. Cheers, Murray

Krgrife@aol.com

kings tires

Post by Krgrife@aol.com » Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:56 pm

In a message dated 7/7/03 8:28:30 PM Central Daylight Time, murray_fraser@... writes:
> Anybody have any experience with Kings Tires. Either KT966 or KT967?
I have just a few hundred miles on a pair of 966's which is the more aggresive of the two. They have pretty good highway feel, corner far better than the K270 and about the same as the Duro Median set that I just replaced. The price is very right but I don't know about durability yet. I did some fire road riding in the past two weeks and they worked well. I'm using the 5.10 rear which is a 6 PR and load range C, front is a 4 PR. Kurt Grife [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

kings tires

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:08 am

I had Kings before I had my Gripsters, which are what I ride now. They were OK for regular duty on the road with one major exception. Don't overfill the front tire as it will cup severely with weight. The result was some awful handling at high speed. There are better tires out there but the Kings will do fine as long as you are not expecting high performance. -NM Mark
----- Original Message ----- From: Murray Fraser Date: Monday, July 7, 2003 7:27 pm Subject: [DSN_klr650] Kings tires > Anybody have any experience with Kings Tires. Either KT966 or KT967? > > > Any thoughts appreciated. > > > Cheers, > > > Murray > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List > FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > >

Rene Alona

kings tires

Post by Rene Alona » Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:10 pm

I have been considering to replace my rear tire w/a Kings KT-967, but learned it a tubeless tire. is there anything else do before mounting a tubless tire aside of course an inner tube to the rim? RA -- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yocom wrote:
> I had Kings before I had my Gripsters, which are what I ride now.
They
> were OK for regular duty on the road with one major exception.
Don't
> overfill the front tire as it will cup severely with weight. The > result was some awful handling at high speed. There are better
tires
> out there but the Kings will do fine as long as you are not
expecting
> high performance. > -NM Mark > > >

Ken Stone

kings tires

Post by Ken Stone » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:32 pm

my $.02 I once bought a rear King for my xr650r because it was cheap and I was thinking I would just chew it up (like the pig does every 2-3 rides) but found it was just too hard a compound and just didnt feel right. It was slippery in the dirt and on the street, and when it wore, would just lose chunks. Yes its street legal and the tire was a medium compound I prefer to spend the extra $$$ and get the right tire (whatever that is for you) espacially on the KLR because you are going to be on the street. I would rather be broke and stop or turn confidently that save a few $$$ and eat it. Cheap tires do strange things like the cupping mentioned
--- On Sun 11/02, Rene Alona < Zborg_1@... > wrote: From: Rene Alona [mailto: Zborg_1@...] To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:25:42 -0000 Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: Kings tires I have been considering to replace my rear tire w/a Kings KT-967, but learned it a tubeless tire. is there anything else do before mounting a tubless tire aside of course an inner tube to the rim? RA -- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yocom wrote: > I had Kings before I had my Gripsters, which are what I ride now. They > were OK for regular duty on the road with one major exception. Don't > overfill the front tire as it will cup severely with weight. The > result was some awful handling at high speed. There are better tires > out there but the Kings will do fine as long as you are not expecting > high performance. > -NM Mark > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ _______________________________________________ Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com The most personalized portal on the Web!

Sonny Bulla

kings tires

Post by Sonny Bulla » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:19 pm

Where do you find Kings tires for sale online? I've been to their web site and looked at their prices but there is nothing in place to let one purchase them and a search doesn't bring anything up. I usually get the Dunlop take-offs from DualStar but they're not advertising them at the moment so I don't know if they will have any in stock anytime soon. I've got an email in to find out. Sonny '02 KLR650