oil leak or oil sucker?

DSN_KLR650
dooden

wowsers them is thick tubes..

Post by dooden » Sun May 16, 2004 10:53 pm

The Fly 4mm tube was pretty damn stiff, which worked out for me, less chance to pinch when it stays up in the tire, since I put 2 small holes in the Moose HD tube I put in the front last night. Maybe its the new tires (K-270's) or the heavier tube but steering did seem a bit slower, well make that more stable. Not really sure on how much air I should be running so I am at 34f and 40r and the tires seem to flex pretty well for being that tight. I see what people mean about the 270 lean wiggley thingy, but im sure that will smooth out with a few miles on them. Dooden A15 Green Ape
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "takes2serious" wrote: > I bought the Fly H.D. tube for my rear also as it appeared to be the > only heavy duty 17" tube available. I bought the Bridgestone UHD > tube for the front (Kenda 270's). Haven't mounted them yet. > > I would love to hear how you like those tubes. Some have expressed > concerns about the UHD up front in terms of steering quickness. > > Randy > > --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Dooden" wrote: > > I got the Moose HD for the front, and Fred's HD for the rear > > (Fly Racing IV model). > > > > The OEM tube feels about as thick as a condom compaired to the Moose > > HD and the Fred's HD rear just appears huge compaired. > > > > Dooden > > A15 Green Ape

dooden

Post by dooden » Sun May 16, 2004 11:29 pm

Bearings greased a little, bolts all dry and glad I did'nt wait another year. Only one required the tap tap of a rubber mallet to move out. Happy to report all covered in grease and new tires installed. Dooden A5 Green Ape (Sporting new tires)
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "The Mule" wrote: > So how'd that swingarm look? Get it off OK? > > Steve > The Mule > A17 > > > > > So looks like tommorrow is bike on the lift day for me. > > > > Wish me luck with the swingarm lube. > > > > Dooden

Mike Torst

Post by Mike Torst » Mon May 17, 2004 6:50 pm

I have the Bridgestone Heavy Duty tube up front - it is about twice the weight and thickness of the Moose tube, which is in its own right much heavier than a stock tube. The wheel has a lot more inertia when I spin it by hand, so I expect that the laws of physics would be felt. I noticed it, but I need the security when riding off-road, so it is staying on. I wonder how the Bridgestone tube I am using up front compares to Fred's Fly Racing IV model... I would guess that they may be similar. Mike Torst Las Vegas
> -----Original Message----- > From: takes2serious [mailto:rshultz@...] > Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 7:57 AM > To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: Wowsers them is THICK tubes.. > > I bought the Fly H.D. tube for my rear also as it appeared to be the > only heavy duty 17" tube available. I bought the Bridgestone UHD > tube for the front (Kenda 270's). Haven't mounted them yet. > > I would love to hear how you like those tubes. Some have expressed > concerns about the UHD up front in terms of steering quickness. > > Randy > > --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Dooden" wrote: > > I got the Moose HD for the front, and Fred's HD for the rear > > (Fly Racing IV model). > > > > The OEM tube feels about as thick as a condom compaired to the Moose > > HD and the Fred's HD rear just appears huge compaired. > > > > Dooden > > A15 Green Ape > > > > > > --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Torst" > > wrote: > > > The THICK tube (Bridgestone) or the moderate upgrade tube (Moose)? > > > > > > Just had to chime in - This thread on HD tubes - it comes up ever > the > > > more... > > > > > > > > > Mike Torst > > > Las Vegas > > > A16 > > > > > > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > > > From: takes2serious [mailto:rshultz@s...] > > > > Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 7:31 PM > > > > To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > > > > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: Wowsers them is THICK tubes.. > > > > > > > > Dooden, can you tell who the manufacturer of that tube is? > > > > Just curious. > > > > > > > > > > > > --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Dooden" wrote: > > > > > Ordered me one of Fred's HD 17" tubes.. Snakebite proof ? > > > > > > > > > > This thing looks like it could stop small arms fire !!! > > > > > > > > > > Did'nt open the Moose brand front tube yet, but if its half as > > > > thick > > > > > I will be happy > > > > > > > > > > Tires I ordered locally showed up a day late, but the tube > from > > > > Fred > > > > > showed up a day early.. happens to be the same day for each, > hows > > > > > that for timing ? ;-) > > > > > > > > > > So looks like tommorrow is bike on the lift day for me. > > > > > > > > > > Wish me luck with the swingarm lube. > > > > > > > > > > Dooden > > > > > A15 Green Ape > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ > courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > >

clint lee jin yew

oil leak or oil sucker?

Post by clint lee jin yew » Tue May 18, 2004 3:27 am

since you oil finishes /gets burnt so fast... when you rev the engine , is there any smoke out of the pipe? any smoke anywhere? i suspect the valve seals have hardened. to change them you will need: 4 valve rubber seals 1 cyclinder head gasket to do a grind valve since you're already there clean some of the carbon on the piston 2.5 liters of oil and since u opened the covers, do the valve clearence thingy? ( if your valves are too tight, it can cause the valve to be burnt, drinking up oil) good luck clint