mapping software (nklr)

DSN_KLR650
Verle Nelson

[dsn_klr650] nklr songs for long distance riding

Post by Verle Nelson » Tue May 09, 2000 11:42 am

> I feel as if I were slip streamin' along in Area 51. I don't > recognize any of the artists or the songs. No Miles, Dizzy, Monk or > Ella? > > George (in the slow groove) > Escondido, CA
Hey! I'm with you. Are you old enough to remember these artists in the days of Cool Jazz or are you a retro-jazz buff? I'll add Bill Evans, John Coltrane and the Modern Jazz Quartet. Verle Nelson Cedaredge, CO

Arne Larsen

Post by Arne Larsen » Tue May 09, 2000 12:03 pm

----- Original Message ----- From: Istvan Szlany Subject: [DSN_klr650] RE: NKLR songs for long distance riding > When the idea came for the list > of songs, I was thinking about all "riding"-related songs, Ohhhhh.... That's what you mean... =^) Narrow down my Rush album - Moving Pictures - choice to, "Red Barchetta". Simply an awesome road tune. Another excellent driving tune is Rik Emmet's (remember Triumph?), "Drive Time". Sarah, "Time Stands Still" may have been off of Power Windows... still trying to recall. Cheers, Arne

ephilride@aol.com

Post by ephilride@aol.com » Tue May 09, 2000 12:25 pm

s2mumford@... writes:
> The Barney theme song on continuous loop.. "I love you, you love meee..." > > CA Stu makes Stu a dull boy.
I have listened to toooo much Barney also, but as one of my kid's kindergarten teacher said in an effort to focus those energetic 5 year olds; Work while you work, Play while you play, That is the way, To be Happy Everyday. Now Stu -- back to work! Knot - working so he can play

Jose Luis Vázquez Gaytan

Post by Jose Luis Vázquez Gaytan » Tue May 09, 2000 12:29 pm

Recently tested a new Aiwa CD player with 40 seconds anti skip memory, and a boostarooo amp, now I can suggest some song fro the long road ( Puerto Vallarta- Mazatlan) Joe Cocker- with a little help from my friends ( alive version) Pink Floyd- Echoes, Division Bell, The Final Cut. Joe Satriani- Time Machine George Benson- White Rabbit Led Zeppelin- Dazed and Confused. etc, etc, etc.... Regards J Luis V zquez Gayt n Puerto Vallarta, M xico
----- Original Message ----- From: Tom Simpson Cc: DSN_klr650@egroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2000 12:24 AM Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] NKLR songs for long distance riding > > > Istvan Szlany wrote: > > > Hello List! > > > > I have a few songs in the list below, some of them is riding/road related, > > others not really but I still like them. Could you, please, continue the > > list, maybe we can come up with something cool for those loooooong hours in > > the saddle. > > > > Cheers, > > > > istvan+Eh13 > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > > Free Wheel Burning (Judas Priest: Defenders of the Faith) > > Rock Hard, Ride Free (Judas Priest: Defenders of the Faith) > > Highway Star (Deep Purple: Machine Head) > > Lazy (Deep Purple: Machine Head) > > Radar Love (...) > > Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits) > > Ride On (AC/DC) > > Hmm...in my past few rides... > > > Driving the Last Spike- Genesis > > Pale Shelter-Tears for Fears > > One-Metalica > > Walk in the Shadows-Queensryche > > The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete-Smashing Pumkins > > Come Original-311 > > Army of Me-Bjork > > Take it Easy-The Eagles > > Comfortably Numb-Pink Floyd > > ...and a whole host of others. > > > I dont have an MP3 player rigged up for the bike yet...have to recall them > from the integral nonvolatile storage located between my ears. :) > > > -Tom > '96 KLR 650 > > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > You have a voice mail message waiting for you at iHello.com: > http://click.egroups.com/1/3555/5/_/911801/_/957849987/ > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com > >

Denzfeat@aol.com

Post by Denzfeat@aol.com » Tue May 09, 2000 12:43 pm

Humming inside of a full-face helmet can produce excellent musical results due to the padded insulated acoustics. Even my own singing (I didn't quit my day job) sounds Elvis-like. I don't need no steenkin' sound system. Pete the Streak of musical talent

Bogdan Swider

Post by Bogdan Swider » Tue May 09, 2000 12:45 pm

> now I can suggest some song fro the long road ( Puerto Vallarta- Mazatlan) > Joe Cocker- with a little help from my friends ( alive version) > Pink Floyd- Echoes, Division Bell, The Final Cut. > Joe Satriani- Time Machine > George Benson- White Rabbit > Led Zeppelin- Dazed and Confused. > etc, etc, etc.... > Regards > > J Luis V zquez Gayt n >

Bogdan Swider

Post by Bogdan Swider » Tue May 09, 2000 12:56 pm

> now I can suggest some song fro the long road ( Puerto Vallarta- Mazatlan) > Joe Cocker- with a little help from my friends ( alive version) > Pink Floyd- Echoes, Division Bell, The Final Cut. > Joe Satriani- Time Machine > George Benson- White Rabbit > Led Zeppelin- Dazed and Confused. > etc, etc, etc.... > Regards > > J Luis V zquez Gayt n >
And here I've been listening to Cruz de Madera-Michael Salgado & Cada Quien- Miguel i Miguel. Drives my wife crazy. La vida no vale nada La vida no vale nada En mi Colorado Springs, Colorado La vida no vale nada Jose Alfredo Jimenez for/para......Bogdan Swider

Arne Larsen

Post by Arne Larsen » Tue May 09, 2000 1:40 pm

From: Eric Jasniewicz Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: NKLR songs for long distance riding
> OK, what are the titles and who does the following,l they work well too: > > "wellll, got a heater in my truck and I dont give a f*** cause i'm off to > the rodeo. f****in jerk, piss me off, git on my nerves...."
The Rodeo Song.
> "you're an a---ss----h-o-*-*, no doubt about it your an a&&hole tonight"
You don't mean Dennis Leary's song do you? =^) Arne

DawnRides@aol.com

Post by DawnRides@aol.com » Tue May 09, 2000 2:01 pm

Ya'll have me wiggling in my saddle. Great choices one and all. Add Bob Dylan's new song, Things Have Changed to the list for me. for a tease; www.sonymusic.com/artists/WonderBoys/Vi ... hanged.mov for the full monty; sonymusic.com/artists/WonderBoys/Video/ThingsHaveChangedFullVid.ram Dawn - a little further up on down the road

Kurt Simpson

Post by Kurt Simpson » Tue May 09, 2000 4:19 pm

> Ya'll have me wiggling in my saddle. Great choices one and all. > Add Bob Dylan's new song, Things Have Changed to the list for me.
ohh Dawn you'd wiggle at the theme song from Captain Kangaroo...you're just that pneumatic.... Kurt