Re: Original Hero and Long Distance Robot Side by Side

Herb Clann

Post by Herb Clann » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:45 pm

Oh man oh man this made my day (shows how uneventful,my life is right now). I've got a few in laws that can relate. Thanks for posting. It's Tex, right?Herb C.

Sent from my iPad
On Jan 26, 2016, at 3:20 PM, warpig@cyberpigstudio.com [B9Builders] wrote:

This kind of goes with the thread...

http://www.fimp.net/images/watnrobot.gif Image http://www.fimp.net/images/watnrobot.gif View on www.fimp.net Preview by Yahoo

Craig Reinbrecht

Post by Craig Reinbrecht » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:48 pm

I agree Phil, both robots need to be documented for sure. And Fred Barton has written most of the Stunt history already!

Marc - I think Frederick would LOVE to be involved in this. He has come to RoboCon two of the last three years and still wants to be involved in the club. I believe this is just the project he needs to sink his teeth into.

There are a lot of people that could be interviewed... right up Frederick's alley.

Contact me off list and I can give you his contact info.

If anyone else has anything to contribute to the robot history pages, please contact Marc Chabot.

Craig

At 02:46 PM 1/26/2016, you wrote:

Marc - it would be great if we had the definitive history of both the HERO and STUNT.

I attended the Son of Famous Monsters Convention in 1995.  It was there I first met Bob May who was signing autographs and had what "he said" was the Robot from Lost in Space.   I've come to believe that what I saw was the DUPLICATE HERO - not the "real" one.  This was owned by Kevin Burns I think - who by the way was also at the show and hanging around Al Lewis from The Munsters.    It is likely that Kevin brought along that duplicate to the show for Bob - this of course before Robot builders. But, I don't know for sure.

--phil

From: "David Schulpius dschulpius@wi.rr.com [B9Builders]"
To: "Tobor001@aol.com [B9Builders]"
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 12:27 PM
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Re: Original Hero and Long Distance Robot Side by Side

This is awesome news Marc. If you're able to do this it would be the crowning jewel of our website and possibly the most visited area. Thanks for the offer. I'm really excited about this.
Dave Schulpius

Hi Craig,

It was really great to reconnect with you and everyone else at Chiller, and I appreciate your confidence in me to tell the story of our hero for the club.

I do enjoy writing and research, my own business (buying and selling original fine prints & other works on paper) curating, teaching & lecturing would

suggest I could put it together (over time) with enormous help from the right people. My business has to come first, but this can happen over time, and

would be a great boon to both the club and the legacy of Lost in Space and the design & character of the B9 Robot. That he has become a cultural icon

is a testament to his universal appeal. But then B9'ers have always been hip to that! I must start by correcting my most recent error: I mistakenly said Will

Huff was using Mike's instead of his own production molds for the legs. This is an example of how easy it is to repeat wrong information which often

becomes accepted truth. This is WHY we do need a work in progress history of the prop. Frederick Hodges would be an excellent collaborator in this regard.

Though Fred & I have not spoken in some years we did both attend the evening in honor of Robert Kinoshita at the Hollywood Heritage Museum back in

the early 2000's. Dates & details get fuzzy over time. Another important reason to get this all vetted in writing. Regardless, we know that some information

maybe considered proprietary and permission must always be explicitly asked and granted as personal privacy, trust, and business relationships could be

put at risk. Those of you in the club who remember the threat of legal action on copyright infringement regarding our hobby know we don't wish to upset

Kevin, Space Productions, the Allen estate or 20th Century Fox. This is why we don't have all the information in the first place from Kevin Burns or from

Greg Jein, who knew the hero, stunt & other major props from the show inside & out. So, with that caveat, l will at least declare an intention to work on this

over time, and I welcome ideas and helpful information from anyone on the list towards that end. Remember, any accurate replica will have to have an

ashtray inside... ;-) !

Marc

warpig2011

Post by warpig2011 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:16 pm

Herb,

Guilty as charged!

Tex

tobor

Post by tobor » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:07 pm

Attachments :Hi,  Yeah, I license rights rom WB for Robby, the Robot.  What you have there is Robert, the Robot A toy. From Ideal  Thanks,  f  From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 4:45 PM
To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Re: Original Hero and Long Distance Robot Side by Side    Oh man oh man this made my day (shows how uneventful,my life is right now). I've got a few in laws that can relate. Thanks for posting. It's Tex, right?Herb C.

Sent from my iPad
[img]cid:~WRD000.jpg[/img]This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
www.avast.com   Image This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
www.avast.com

tobor

Post by tobor » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:10 pm

Attachments :Oooops,  That last post was sent by accident to the group.A guy wants to use the image of Robert, the Robot, a toy from Ideal. He thought it was Robby, the Robot.Oh, the pain , the pain      From: Tobor [mailto:tobor1701@earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 10:08 AM
To: 'B9Builders@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [B9Builders] Re: Original Hero and Long Distance Robot Side by Side  Hi,  Yeah, I license rights rom WB for Robby, the Robot.  What you have there is Robert, the Robot   A toy.  From Ideal  Thanks,  f  From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 4:45 PM
To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Re: Original Hero and Long Distance Robot Side by Side    Oh man oh man this made my day (shows how uneventful,my life is right now). I've got a few in laws that can relate. Thanks for posting. It's Tex, right?Herb C.

Sent from my iPad
[img]cid:image004.jpg@01D158EA.E4A03070[/img]This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
www.avast.com   Image This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
www.avast.com

warpig2011

Post by warpig2011 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:51 pm

Fred,

Well, it's good to know we're topmost in your thoughts. Image