Re: tread section build [2 Attachments]

Jeff DeRose

Re: tread section build

Post by Jeff DeRose » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:49 pm

Ok, 
As predicted, the lip varies a bit. That said, the left and right sides are roughly 9/16", while the top and bottom are roughly 1/2". 

Sent from my iPad
On Jan 13, 2016, at 3:03 PM, "jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders]" wrote:

Will do Muldokken.  I'll check it out when I get home tonight.  Can't guarantee it'll have a truly uniform lip all the way around, though.  Good ol Jeff don't work dat way...... ;-)

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad
------ Original Message ------

To: b9builders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: January 13, 2016 at 2:30 PM
Subject: RE: [B9Builders] tread section build

its called dimenso got it through sherman williams industrial finishes,they said this formula while not offered by them in the past has been around since the 40s and was a very popular finish... i wonder if this was the stuff they used on the original?  thanks for the replys and jeff any way you could measure the lip on yours just to give me an idea on how wide it is?your treads look great too btw :)  

Muldokken
[img]cid:/C:/DOCUME~1/SVC~1.JAY/LOCALS~1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/img]

To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 14:11:11 -0800
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] tread section build

Never mind - looks like you figured it out.

Looks great! What is the paint?

muldokken

Post by muldokken » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:16 pm

Ya suspected that lol thanx for checking Jeff Sent from Outlook Mobile

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 7:49 PM -0800, "Jeff DeRose jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders]" wrote:

Ok, 
As predicted, the lip varies a bit. That said, the left and right sides are roughly 9/16", while the top and bottom are roughly 1/2". 

Sent from my iPad
On Jan 13, 2016, at 3:03 PM, "jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders]" wrote:

Will do Muldokken.  I'll check it out when I get home tonight.  Can't guarantee it'll have a truly uniform lip all the way around, though.  Good ol Jeff don't work dat way...... ;-)

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad
------ Original Message ------

Sent: January 13, 2016 at 2:30 PM
Subject: RE: [B9Builders] tread section build

its called dimenso got it through sherman williams industrial finishes,they said this formula while not offered by them in the past has been around since the 40s and was a very popular finish... i wonder if this was the stuff they used on the original?  thanks for the replys and jeff any way you could measure the lip on yours just to give me an idea on how wide it is?your treads look great too btw :)  

Muldokken

tread section build

Post by » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:59 am

Hey Gang,
I have not worked on my robot for years, but would like to get started again. I am building my treads and have to cover them with styrene (sp) plastic. What I have is too thick. Any suggestions?
I was active in the club years ago. About the last time I got any real work done on my 'bot was 14 years ago...the night my daughter was born! It has been hit and miss since then.
Best to you all,
Doc
"Sometimes destiny is not the path you've been given, but the path you choose."
Dr. Joseph Hayes
HealthSource of North Portland
207-878-3030
www.drjosephhayes.com/
www.healthsourceofportlandnorth.com

Daniel Angel

Post by Daniel Angel » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:01 am

Great finish. Was this applied with a professional sprayer?
D. Scott
On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Lynn Johnson muldokken@msn.com [B9Builders] wrote:

its called dimenso got it through sherman williams industrial finishes,they said this formula while not offered by them in the past has been around since the 40s and was a very popular finish... i wonder if this was the stuff they used on the original? thanks for the replys and jeff any way you could measure the lip on yours just to give me an idea on how wide it is?your treads look great too btw :)

Muldokken

--
Conquering the world one robot at a time....

lynn johnson

Post by lynn johnson » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:22 pm

nope the stuff is pretty easy to work with and is self leveling,just used a cheap harbor freight hvlp jam gun....word of caution though this stuff has toluene in it and if you want to reduce it that is what you use...use a mask if you pray it and gloves.but it works great right out of the can little prep work and a couple coats you are done alot less steps then an auto finish oh and it does a great job of hiding mistakes...and thanks jeff for the mesurements ill try to get those cut and painted to day and ill post some pics 

Muldokken

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 08:01:41 -0800

D. Scott
On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Lynn Johnson muldokken@msn.com [B9Builders] wrote:

Muldokken

--

sjb0459

Post by sjb0459 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:27 pm

Welcome back.  The only suggestion I can give is to try a plastic supplier.  They should have sheets of styrene in various thicknesses.
Steve

Daniel

Post by Daniel » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:42 pm

Try Tapp Plastics.
D. Scott

Sent from my iPhone
On Jan 14, 2016, at 4:59 AM, B9Doc@maine.rr.com [B9Builders] wrote:

Hey Gang,
I have not worked on my robot for years, but would like to get started again. I am building my treads and have to cover them with styrene (sp) plastic. What I have is too thick. Any suggestions?
I was active in the club years ago. About the last time I got any real work done on my 'bot was 14 years ago...the night my daughter was born! It has been hit and miss since then.
Best to you all,
Doc
"Sometimes destiny is not the path you've been given, but the path you choose."
Dr. Joseph Hayes
HealthSource of North Portland
207-878-3030
www.drjosephhayes.com/
www.healthsourceofportlandnorth.com

muldokken

Post by muldokken » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:58 pm

Attachments :
  1. [url=file:///D:\B9YAHOO\attachments\\20160115_161650.jpg]20160115_161650.jpg[/url]
  1. [url=file:///D:\B9YAHOO\attachments\\20160115_161636.jpg]20160115_161636.jpg[/url]
Ok got the side panels shaped and painted Sent from Outlook Mobile

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 9:22 AM -0800, "Lynn Johnson muldokken@msn.com [B9Builders]" wrote:

nope the stuff is pretty easy to work with and is self leveling,just used a cheap harbor freight hvlp jam gun....word of caution though this stuff has toluene in it and if you want to reduce it that is what you use...use a mask if you pray it and gloves.but it works great right out of the can little prep work and a couple coats you are done alot less steps then an auto finish oh and it does a great job of hiding mistakes...and thanks jeff for the mesurements ill try to get those cut and painted to day and ill post some pics 

Muldokken

D. Scott

Muldokken

--

Will Huff

Post by Will Huff » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:06 pm

Lynn I'm really loving this paint.
Will

Sent from my iPhone
On Jan 15, 2016, at 4:58 PM, muldokken@msn.com [B9Builders] wrote:
Ok got the side panels shaped and painted Sent from Outlook Mobile

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 9:22 AM -0800, "Lynn Johnson muldokken@msn.com [B9Builders]" wrote:

Muldokken

D. Scott

Muldokken
[img]cid:[/img]

--

Jeff DeRose

Post by Jeff DeRose » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:30 pm

Wow, very nice!  From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2016 4:58 PM
Subject: RE: [B9Builders] tread section build [2 Attachments]    [Attachment(s) from muldokken@msn.com included below]
Ok got the side panels shaped and painted
Sent from Outlook Mobile

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 9:22 AM -0800, "Lynn Johnson muldokken@msn.com [B9Builders]" wrote:  nope the stuff is pretty easy to work with and is self leveling,just used a cheap harbor freight hvlp jam gun....word of caution though this stuff has toluene in it and if you want to reduce it that is what you use...use a mask if you pray it and gloves.but it works great right out of the can little prep work and a couple coats you are done alot less steps then an auto finish oh and it does a great job of hiding mistakes...and thanks jeff for the mesurements ill try to get those cut and painted to day and ill post some pics 

Muldokken

Great finish. Was this applied with a professional sprayer?  D. Scott  On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Lynn Johnson muldokken@msn.com [B9Builders] wrote:   its called dimenso got it through sherman williams industrial finishes,they said this formula while not offered by them in the past has been around since the 40s and was a very popular finish... i wonder if this was the stuff they used on the original?  thanks for the replys and jeff any way you could measure the lip on yours just to give me an idea on how wide it is?your treads look great too btw :)  

Muldokken

-- Conquering the world one robot at a time....