Re: Tragedy Strikes! B9 Robot Builder Rips Arm Wide Open!! (Viewer D

warpig2011

Post by warpig2011 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:57 pm

Google is your friend... Image

sjb0459

Post by sjb0459 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:26 pm

I feel for you Dave.  At least you can get a replacement from Will and as already suggested you could repair the damaged one and keep it as a spare.  I always worry about the bubble, I've got one of Fred's and I keep it carefully wrapped and in it's box ready for the day I install it.
Steve

David Schulpius

Post by David Schulpius » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:20 pm

Don't feel too bad for me. I'm only a victim of my own stupidity. You're right though, it will all be good in the end. ;-)
Dave
On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 4:26 PM, stevejbrown007@gmail.com [B9Builders] wrote:

I feel for you Dave. At least you can get a replacement from Will and as already suggested you could repair the damaged one and keep it as a spare. I always worry about the bubble, I've got one of Fred's and I keep it carefully wrapped and in it's box ready for the day I install it.
Steve

dmw0dmw

Post by dmw0dmw » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:38 pm

Don't throw away the arms until you are done tweeking.

They can be your stunt-robot-arms.

To: "B9Builders"
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2015 10:11:25 PM
Subject: [B9Builders] Tragedy Strikes! B9 Robot Builder Rips Arm Wide Open!! (Viewer Discretion Advised) [2 Attachments]

[Attachment(s) from dschulpius@gmail.com [B9Builders] included below]

hehehe. Sorry guys. Couldn't help the drama. 

Well actually the title wasn't too far off. It was a tragedy of sorts. Another case of being tired, in a hurry and frustrated. While upgrading a servo in my B9 arm build I neglected to remove a screw sticking up. I powered up the arm and moved it out of the torso under computer control. The flange of Will Huff's arm skin was still anchored to the forso. and the screw grabbed one of the bellows and stretched it out till...... RRRIIIPPP! It happened right in front of my eyes and so fast all I could do was drop my jaw (along with a warm, wet feeling down the leg of my pants). Kinda like watching a train wreck. 

Thank God Will was in the middle of the last arm run of the year and was able to fit me in. Thanks Will!! What I don't have in my brains, Will now has in his wallet. LOL! (grown). Attached are a few tragic pictures. 

Dave Schulpius

David Schulpius

Post by David Schulpius » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:43 pm

LOL! Great advice! Thanks!!Dave
On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 11:38 AM, dennis.wilbur@comcast.net [B9Builders] wrote:

Don't throw away the arms until you are done tweeking.

They can be your stunt-robot-arms.

To: "B9Builders"
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2015 10:11:25 PM
Subject: [B9Builders] Tragedy Strikes! B9 Robot Builder Rips Arm Wide Open!! (Viewer Discretion Advised) [2 Attachments]

[Attachment(s) from dschulpius@gmail.com [B9Builders] included below]

hehehe. Sorry guys. Couldn't help the drama.

Well actually the title wasn't too far off. It was a tragedy of sorts. Another case of being tired, in a hurry and frustrated. While upgrading a servo in my B9 arm build I neglected to remove a screw sticking up. I powered up the arm and moved it out of the torso under computer control. The flange of Will Huff's arm skin was still anchored to the forso. and the screw grabbed one of the bellows and stretched it out till...... RRRIIIPPP! It happened right in front of my eyes and so fast all I could do was drop my jaw (along with a warm, wet feeling down the leg of my pants). Kinda like watching a train wreck.

Thank God Will was in the middle of the last arm run of the year and was able to fit me in. Thanks Will!! What I don't have in my brains, Will now has in his wallet. LOL! (grown). Attached are a few tragic pictures.

Dave Schulpius