Re: V2 Neon backplate [1 Attachment]

David Schulpius

Re: V2 Neon backplate

Post by David Schulpius » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:06 am

Sweet! It's good to know and confirmed that this fits Mike Joyce's torso also. Did you have to trim or adjust it a lot to get it to work with a different troso then it was designed for? How did you fasten and mount it to Mike's torso? Any chance you could post a couple pics?
BTW, David Huber's vendor page on the B9 Builders website is fixed and looking good. Tex (Warpig) has been lending a hand with the coding and adding some pazazz. Thanks Tex! Head over there and have a look at his new backplate. There's pics there of it uninstalled and also installed (with and without Craig's Neon mounted.
David Huber's Vendor page

As long as we're mentioning Craig Reinbrecht and his collaboration with Dave Huber on this new backplate, Tex did some sweet updates to Craig's vendor page. They include pics of his new V2 Torso with all holes already cut and a link to an article he wrote on critical parts for his new v2 Torso. This is a must read for all builders old and new. Here's that link:
Craig R's Vendor page

Happy building!Dave Schulpius

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 9:22 AM, Lynn Johnson muldokken@msn.com [B9Builders] wrote:

got my v2 backplate and got it trimmed up fits like a glove! thanx craig and david for providing another great fitting part oh and btw i bought a mike j torso from him before he quit selling them.

Muldokken

To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 19:14:47 -0500
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Re: V2 Neon backplate

Sorry Ken, This email though me off.

David

---- "acropolisuniversity@gmail.com [B9Builders]" wrote:
> Awesome job, David! It looks great! Sent you an e-mail.

lynn johnson

Post by lynn johnson » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:31 am

yes i did have to do some trimming but not alot, I have not mounted it yet,just got it painted last night so i will throw it back in today and take some pics and post them so you guys can take a look and see what you think. I also dont have any others to compare to but we'll see what you guys think.

Muldokken

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 10:05:33 -0600

Sweet! It's good to know and confirmed that this fits Mike Joyce's torso also. Did you have to trim or adjust it a lot to get it to work with a different troso then it was designed for? How did you fasten and mount it to Mike's torso? Any chance you could post a couple pics?
BTW, David Huber's vendor page on the B9 Builders website is fixed and looking good. Tex (Warpig) has been lending a hand with the coding and adding some pazazz. Thanks Tex! Head over there and have a look at his new backplate. There's pics there of it uninstalled and also installed (with and without Craig's Neon mounted. 
David Huber's Vendor page

As long as we're mentioning Craig Reinbrecht and his collaboration with Dave Huber on this new backplate, Tex did some sweet updates to Craig's vendor page.  They include pics of his new V2 Torso with all holes already cut and a link to an article he wrote on critical parts for his new v2 Torso. This is a must read for all builders old and new. Here's that link:
Craig R's Vendor page

Happy building!Dave Schulpius 

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 9:22 AM, Lynn Johnson muldokken@msn.com [B9Builders] wrote:

got my v2 backplate and got it trimmed up fits like a glove! thanx craig and david for providing another great fitting part oh and btw i bought a mike j torso from him before he quit selling them.

Muldokken

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 19:14:47 -0500

Sorry Ken, This email though me off.

David

---- "acropolisuniversity@gmail.com [B9Builders]" wrote:
> Awesome job, David! It looks great! Sent you an e-mail.

muldokken

Post by muldokken » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:54 pm

Attachments :
  1. [url=file:///D:\B9YAHOO\attachments\\20151122_091515.jpg]20151122_091515.jpg[/url]
two more

muldokken

Post by muldokken » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:57 pm

Attachments :ok i tried to post some pics but i guess it didnt work so i will try this way

dhuber0262

Re: V2 Neon backplate [2 Attachments]

Post by dhuber0262 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:23 pm

Man, that looks good all painted up. And that was a second! Thanks for the great pictures.

David H

---- "muldokken@msn.com [B9Builders]" wrote:
> ok i tried to post some pics but i guess it didnt work so i will try this way

sjb0459

Post by sjb0459 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:03 pm

While we are on the subject of the neon backplate, could someone tell me the correct colour it should be please.
Steve

lynn johnson

Post by lynn johnson » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:44 am

yes, no problem so what do you guys think of the fitment,look good to you guys? thinking of the attachment will be the two large chest lights to ancore the bottom and 3 neodymium magnets to hold the top,for ease of remove if needed. 

Muldokken

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 14:23:02 -0500
Subject: RE: [B9Builders] Re: V2 Neon backplate

Man, that looks good all painted up. And that was a second! Thanks for the great pictures.

David H

dhuber0262

Post by dhuber0262 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:33 pm

Steve,

Most people use gunmetal grey. The same as the chest.

David H

---- "stevejbrown007@gmail.com [B9Builders]" wrote:
> While we are on the subject of the neon backplate, could someone tell me the correct colour it should be please.
>
> Steve

Greg

Post by Greg » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:33 pm

IMHO the bottom held with the large chest lights is excellent - but I not too sure about magnets for the top. Two countersunk screws though the torso would be a better way to go.

Just my two cents.

Greg

On 11/23/2015 8:44 AM, Lynn Johnson muldokken@msn.com [B9Builders] wrote:

yes, no problem so what do you guys think of the fitment,look good to you guys? thinking of the attachment will be the two large chest lights to ancore the bottom and 3 neodymium magnets to hold the top,for ease of remove if needed.

Muldokken

David H

---- muldokken@msn.com[B9Builders] B9Builders@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Jeff DeRose

Post by Jeff DeRose » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:56 am

I think it looks like a perfect fit!
Jeff

Sent from my iPad
On Nov 23, 2015, at 7:44 AM, "Lynn Johnson muldokken@msn.com [B9Builders]" wrote:

Muldokken
[img]cid:/C:/DOCUME~1/SVC~1.JAY/LOCALS~1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/img]

David H