Re: Bluray problem with LIS

carpiniello

Bluray problem with LIS

Post by carpiniello » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:37 am

I had a similar problem. When I put in the dvd, It showed the 20th century fox logo. Then it stopped, never went to the menu. I returned the dvd set, got a new set, but the same problem happened. I found out the FIRMWARE did have to be updated. Had to get a firmware update cd from Samsung for my player, and now it doe's work ok. You definently need a firmware update. 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Bob Darlington

Post by Bob Darlington » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:30 pm

I had to do a firmware update as well, but my player was nice enough to tell me that. Same deal, flashed the logo, wouldn't play, but then told me to update. That was a pain in the butt all by itself.
-Bob
On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 8:37 AM, carpiniello carpiniello@aol.com [B9Builders] wrote:

I had a similar problem. When I put in the dvd, It showed the 20th century fox logo. Then it stopped, never went to the menu. I returned the dvd set, got a new set, but the same problem happened. I found out the FIRMWARE did have to be updated. Had to get a firmware update cd from Samsung for my player, and now it doe's work ok. You definently need a firmware update.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

sjb0459

Post by sjb0459 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:57 pm

Know what you mean.  I've got to burn a CD on my computer and then put the CD in the player but if it does the trick as I hope it will, it will be worth it.
Steve

sjb0459

Post by sjb0459 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:03 pm

Thanks.  I reckon this is the case because my bluray player is slow reading the disc, it does eventually, but there is quite a bit of time before the episodes come up whereas my PS3 appears to be a lot faster reading the discs.
Steve