Re: B9 Cone template. Fun weekend project.

Jim Easley

B9 Cone template. Fun weekend project.

Post by Jim Easley » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:20 pm

Attachments :
  1. [url=file:///D:\B9YAHOO\attachments\\B9 Cone.PDF]B9 Cone.PDF[/url]
For you Club members who either need a cone or just want to make one DIY style I have prepared a template that can be printed out 1 to 1. Just about any printer with standard 8 1/2 by 11 paper should work. Be sure to measure the printed parts before you start. As long as the circular parts measure correctly it will be good to go. The template is drawn with 1/8 material in mind however, other thickness material may be used if you compensate accordingly. One nice feature of this is, depending on which type of sheet material you choose it can be assembled with epoxy, solvent welding, brazing, welding or whatever works best for the material. This will provide you with a shell that you can modify to fit your particular parts so the hole sizes are not shown. Most builders use 8-32 hardware for the mounting holes and a cut a groove inside for the rod arm retention spring wire. In any case, there is plenty of information on the website for those who want to do the research. Have fun.   Jim E. B9-0514

johnsh1966

Post by johnsh1966 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:32 am

Hi

Any chance of this pdf being converted into a dxf file.

Would be great to use it to get the parts cut in alu.

Regards

Ian

Gil Benn

Re: B9 Cone template. Fun weekend project. [1 Attachment]

Post by Gil Benn » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:02 am

Appreciated, thanks Jim.
Sent from my iPad
On Nov 13, 2015, at 1:20 PM, 'Jim Easley' jimeasley.tech@gmail.com [B9Builders] wrote:

For you Club members who either need a cone or just want to make one DIY style I have prepared a template that can be printed out 1 to 1. Just about any printer with standard 8 1/2 by 11 paper should work. Be sure to measure the printed parts before you start. As long as the circular parts measure correctly it will be good to go. The template is drawn with 1/8 material in mind however, other thickness material may be used if you compensate accordingly. One nice feature of this is, depending on which type of sheet material you choose it can be assembled with epoxy, solvent welding, brazing, welding or whatever works best for the material. This will provide you with a shell that you can modify to fit your particular parts so the hole sizes are not shown. Most builders use 8-32 hardware for the mounting holes and a cut a groove inside for the rod arm retention spring wire. In any case, there is plenty of information on the website for those who want to do the research. Have fun.   Jim E. B9-0514

dschulpius

Post by dschulpius » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:57 am

Duh!! I'm such a moron sometimes. It's took me a little while to figure out this is the brain cup. 
Brilliant Jim! So simple. Thanks for doing this for us!
Dave Schulpius

Jim Easley

Post by Jim Easley » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:42 pm

Sorry for the inaccurate title. I was hiding from contractors removing 500 sq. ft. of ceramic tile trying to stay out of the dust. Needed something to keep occupied so I did the drawing while they were jackhammering the floors. I did make a paper cutout directly from the PDF to check the accuracy though. It is right on the money.   From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2015 7:57 AM To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com Subject: [B9Builders] Re: B9 Cone template. Fun weekend project.     Duh!! I'm such a moron sometimes. It's took me a little while to figure out this is the brain cup.    Brilliant Jim! So simple. Thanks for doing this for us!   Dave Schulpius