Trying to get back to building.

Thomas Ferraz

Trying to get back to building.

Post by Thomas Ferraz » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi Guys,   I have been inactive with building and my robot has sat for a long while with nothing being done BUT I am trying to get things moving forward again. I work in a different state from where I live and this really limits my hobbying time and led to the building stalling out.   I used to chime in before with some Basic Stamp/servo stuff and my fake neon (acrylic and led). I have since moved over to Arduino and am starting to play with some sound boards from Ardafruit that look like they may work well for some things (plus they are relatively inexpensive) and also some of their LED lighting (neopixle) options. I will let you guys know how (or if) they work. I also have access to a 3d printer now and have a loose understanding of OpenSCad (want to learn AutoCad Fusion eventually) and hope to make some small parts. I can let you guys know how that works as well as post .stl files if anyone is interested. Not looking to be a vendor but will the share the files if anyone else has an interest or access to a printer.   I am sorry I missed out on Chiller and meeting everyone (club members included, not just stars) and I think that’s part of what is jump starting me to do get everything going again.   Is Jerry's Build-Off definate? I would like to go if I can this time and I hope to make Chiller next year.     Sorry if I rambled on a bit, kinda prone to doing that. Looking forward to building again.   Thanks, Tom Ferraz