Re: Chiller Theatre 50th Anniversary of Lost In Space Victor J

toborthegreat00150

Chiller Theatre 50th Anniversary of Lost In Space Victor J

Post by toborthegreat00150 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:08 pm

Hi Guys:   I know you read a lot already about Chiller. But I just wanted give my point of view here. This is the first time I ever worked in the convention and I tell you, it was an experience I can not even put in words. First off, I like to thank Craig R for all his support for this show. Also Charlie G, Bill H., John C., Phil H, Dennis W. and Bob R. along with the all the other builders that came to the show.   I think you all remember I was getting the robot ready for the first season look. I had to diffuse the color of the light box to make it light a little more closer to the color. Going to put the switches in this winter. Man the time was going fast, last month I just started a new job. All the weekends were spent on the robot. Oh dear the pain, I had a few problems at the show. Actually before the show, the volume pot on the chest did not work anymore, had no spares and no time, so I had to set the level inside the robot twice. At the show, he was too loud, so off came the bubble and me with my mag light and all, hit the 22 watts full at first, then finally got it down. OK, got a hit under the soil sampler door. Charlie looked it over and lined it up with the hand truck I was using. He was so right on the spot. That made the dent. (going to pack/move this guy better) next time. Then one of the radar ears burnt out and the arm fell off the track inside the robot. I know it was not ready for a show, but guys with all that, this robot was a big hit. Craig, I, and the crew worked together like we knew each other as a family. When Craig's went for photos upstairs, I had the room and some famous people wanted a photo with my robot. That was so cool, wow.   People were actually asking us how much it costs to take a center photo with the robots. Of course free,  then a guy put 4 bucks in my top pocket and ran out of the room. How many people asked about if the robots were the original too. Man I told the story about the Hero and Long Distance robot so many times and I enjoyed every minute of it.   Mark, Angela, Bill, and Marta were great. Seeing them coming in the room, we the crew felt like this was the stage set. I just could not believe the feeling. We had some wonderful talks with all of them. John C and I were talking to Marta about some of the great scenes. What a wonderful woman she is and she wants to do more shows. I said to her and Mark, see you in Boston December 2015, of course if the weather permits. Gary Sohmers, the fellow that did the 25th Anniversary of Lost In Space (Antique Road Show) and producer gave us a lot of input and he was the one to bring some of the famous people to my robot when the room was quiet, including the drummer of the Ramones.   Oh the Chariot. A wonderful machine. I think I got Mark on video at the wheel, have to check. Some of our friends got to drive it too. Wow Craig's robot next to it.  So nice that the fellow that built it, how kind he was to let people go inside. It was nice meeting Chris P. too. oh guys I could go on and on.   Just wanted to mention something very interesting. My robot's neon has two transformers, one for the upper and one for the lower. I notice only in photos that you can see that the sweep leaves one neon lite up. Not all the time. The eye can not catch that. Very interesting.   OK guys. I just want to say that I am so blessed to know this group and man when they drove on their way, it was not easy to see them go.   Thank you  guys for letting me share some things with you. Going to roll the tape this weekend, but hey my robot will be there for the trick or treaters. I'll have him right there when they get the candy. More photos, no problem:)   Victor B9-0082

Phil

Post by Phil » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:35 pm

Thanks Victor for the recap. You should talk to Greg Logue about robot and show issues.  :)
It was a really fun weekend and reminded me of shows past with lots of club members and enthusiasts on hand. 
Phil

Sent from my iPhone
On Oct 29, 2015, at 6:07 PM, Tobor001@aol.com [B9Builders] wrote:

Hi Guys:   I know you read a lot already about Chiller. But I just wanted give my point of view here. This is the first time I ever worked in the convention and I tell you, it was an experience I can not even put in words. First off, I like to thank Craig R for all his support for this show. Also Charlie G, Bill H., John C., Phil H, Dennis W. and Bob R. along with the all the other builders that came to the show.   I think you all remember I was getting the robot ready for the first season look. I had to diffuse the color of the light box to make it light a little more closer to the color. Going to put the switches in this winter. Man the time was going fast, last month I just started a new job. All the weekends were spent on the robot. Oh dear the pain, I had a few problems at the show. Actually before the show, the volume pot on the chest did not work anymore, had no spares and no time, so I had to set the level inside the robot twice. At the show, he was too loud, so off came the bubble and me with my mag light and all, hit the 22 watts full at first, then finally got it down. OK, got a hit under the soil sampler door. Charlie looked it over and lined it up with the hand truck I was using. He was so right on the spot. That made the dent. (going to pack/move this guy better) next time. Then one of the radar ears burnt out and the arm fell off the track inside the robot. I know it was not ready for a show, but guys with all that, this robot was a big hit. Craig, I, and the crew worked together like we knew each other as a family. When Craig's went for photos upstairs, I had the room and some famous people wanted a photo with my robot. That was so cool, wow.   People were actually asking us how much it costs to take a center photo with the robots. Of course free,  then a guy put 4 bucks in my top pocket and ran out of the room. How many people asked about if the robots were the original too. Man I told the story about the Hero and Long Distance robot so many times and I enjoyed every minute of it.   Mark, Angela, Bill, and Marta were great. Seeing them coming in the room, we the crew felt like this was the stage set. I just could not believe the feeling. We had some wonderful talks with all of them. John C and I were talking to Marta about some of the great scenes. What a wonderful woman she is and she wants to do more shows. I said to her and Mark, see you in Boston December 2015, of course if the weather permits. Gary Sohmers, the fellow that did the 25th Anniversary of Lost In Space (Antique Road Show) and producer gave us a lot of input and he was the one to bring some of the famous people to my robot when the room was quiet, including the drummer of the Ramones.   Oh the Chariot. A wonderful machine. I think I got Mark on video at the wheel, have to check. Some of our friends got to drive it too. Wow Craig's robot next to it.  So nice that the fellow that built it, how kind he was to let people go inside. It was nice meeting Chris P. too. oh guys I could go on and on.   Just wanted to mention something very interesting. My robot's neon has two transformers, one for the upper and one for the lower. I notice only in photos that you can see that the sweep leaves one neon lite up. Not all the time. The eye can not catch that. Very interesting.   OK guys. I just want to say that I am so blessed to know this group and man when they drove on their way, it was not easy to see them go.   Thank you  guys for letting me share some things with you. Going to roll the tape this weekend, but hey my robot will be there for the trick or treaters. I'll have him right there when they get the candy. More photos, no problem:)   Victor B9-0082

ponyboy8844

Post by ponyboy8844 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:45 pm

Haha! Great stories Victor! The conventions are always such a blast. Always so much going on and a great way to meet famous people. I agree with you, the last day is always so hard to say goodbye to everyone. At Robocon, Charlie and I took one last look at the robot room when we were leaving talking about how sad it was to see it empty.  -Roy

-------- Original message --------
Date: 10/29/2015 5:07 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [B9Builders] Chiller Theatre 50th Anniversary of Lost In Space Victor J

Jeff DeRose

Post by Jeff DeRose » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:09 am

Your excitement is contagious Victor. Thanks for the post!

Sent from my iPad
On Oct 29, 2015, at 4:07 PM, "Tobor001@aol.com [B9Builders]" wrote:

toborthegreat00150

Post by toborthegreat00150 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Thanks Jeff:   Appreciate it.   Take care my friend.   Victor   In a message dated 10/31/2015 2:09:58 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, B9Builders@yahoogroups.com writes:

Sent from my iPad

sandrockriver996

Post by sandrockriver996 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:30 pm

Awesome! 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 10/31/2015 10:16 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Chiller Theatre 50th Anniversary of Lost In Space Victor J

Thanks Jeff:   Appreciate it.   Take care my friend.   Victor   In a message dated 10/31/2015 2:09:58 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, B9Builders@yahoogroups.com writes:

Sent from my iPad