Re: Lost And Found In Space review [1 Attachment]

ponyboy8844

Re: Lost And Found In Space review [1 Attachment]

Post by ponyboy8844 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:17 pm

Great review Ken! I can't wait to get mine. I did order the bonus version so it might take longer for me to get it.  I mainly got it for the autographs since I couldn't make it to Chiller.         -Roy

-------- Original message --------
Date: 10/29/2015 2:51 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [B9Builders] Lost And Found In Space review [1 Attachment]

My book arrived today and I immediately pored through it with great zeal. I won't go into much detail so as not to spoil it for anybody but overall, I'm very pleased to report that I love this book. It's rather small, about 9 inches square, but a beautiful hardback tome of exactly 200 pages. There are different sections regarding wardrobe, sets and crew. It has a glossy cover with pages printed on matte stock with both color & b/w photos. Bill & Angela's commentaries on the photos are a pleasure to read, revealing what was going on in each picture, both on and off stage. Many details regarding the personal lives of the cast members are quite interesting; some very humorous and others a bit sad. After finishing it, I was left with a very warm feeling, as if I was actually a part of their group. I suppose after 50 years of being involved with loving Lost In Space, I think of the cast as personal friends. A few of the stories they tell I'd already heard from Bill, Mark & Jonathan but still, there is so much information I had not heard that makes this collectible work a real treasure. The "never before seen" photos are so wonderful as well as all the ones we've seen and enjoyed over the years. There is so much behind the scenes information. It brings together the story of what it's like to be a part of a television production and the life and times of the 1960's. It's a perfect blend of the thoughts and experiences of the two who share their inner thoughts while growing up in the entertainment industry, their co-stars & mentors. As for the extras, I ordered the plain version, so, I cannot comment on those. The text is intelligently authored and the 'typewriter' font is quite charming. I noticed zero typographical errors, which is rare in today's publishing world. The book is worth every penny I paid for it and it was definitely worth the wait. Big hugs to Angela and Bill for this 50th Anniversary gem. I cannot thank them enough for this collaborative effort. If you haven't ordered it yet, do it now. You'll love it. It will leave you wanting more.

--Ken--