Re: Bill Mumy and B9

Post by sandrockriver996 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:04 pm

I couldn't agree more,  Let it be. .Let it be

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 10/30/2015 9:30 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Bill Mumy and B9

I'm not sure what issue he's had with the b9ers, but I've seen bill at conventions since the 80's and never have seen him in a bad disposition towards a fan. For myself, he's been more than gracious ...even gave me a beer once! Considering the hundreds he has to deal with, and some not so on the normal side ( see galaxy quest for reference) he's been a real trooper as far as u can see. As for getting him a robot, he would have gotten one by now if he really wanted it. I'm sure practicality is foremost in his mind. I know he loves to reminisce about lost in space and looks fondly on those days, but I'm sure he'd rather buy a classic les Paul guitar before he would ever buy a robot.

Sent from my iPhone
On Oct 30, 2015, at 11:34 AM, "David Reabe dar19904@yahoo.com [B9Builders]" wrote:

Same here!

On Friday, October 30, 2015 11:16 AM, "Jeff DeRose jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders]" wrote:

A classic.  
I'm as geeky as they get. Tho I've found a way to suppress it where appropriate (you know, getting a job, dating/marrying, etc.....;-)

Sent from my iPad
On Oct 30, 2015, at 5:49 AM, "David Reabe dar19904@yahoo.com [B9Builders]" wrote:

Damn,does this hit close to home?

On Friday, October 30, 2015 12:58 AM, "Bob Darlington rdarlington@gmail.com [B9Builders]" wrote:

https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 5:30 PM, ponyboy8844 ponyboy8844@comcast.net [B9Builders] wrote:
  I remember this as well. I can't recall what his issue was with us but hopefully he's changed his thinking. Maybe after all the conventions with robots present he's come to realize they help draw in crowds for them and we're just fans that love the show. To be honest, Bill's presence was one of the reasons I thought against going to Chiller even though other reasons prevented that. For some reason I got a feeling that if I was inside Craig's robot, he'd think I was somehow encroaching onto Bob May's footsteps or something. I'd never want to do that. Bob was, and always will be "The Robot". I'd heard other stories of Bill not being so nice to fans before as well but then again, I don't know the situation and some fans can be obnoxious. Maybe that was during his phase of wanting to put LIS behind him. Nevertheless, he seemed nice, friendly and social to everyone at Chiller so maybe that has all changed. We tried years ago to build Bob a robot but too many things got in the way: People trying to finance their own robots besides Bob's, time, who would build it, who'd keep it,  etc. so I'm not really sure this would work. Plus as was mentioned before, with a $10 million worth, Bill could just buy one if he really wanted one. Just my 2 cents.   -Roy

-------- Original message --------
Date: 10/29/2015 4:31 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Bill Mumy and B9

I remember several years back Bill bashing the club. For some reason he had a problem with it. I don't remember the details but certainly remember he had a thing against the club. Maye some senior members may remember that. He may not have a problem now but I'd keep that in mind while considering gifting.