-------- Original message --------
From: "Jerry Chevalier jerry.chevalier@att.net [B9Builders]"
Date: 10/28/2015 8:04 AM (GMT-07:00)
To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Billy Mumy with the Doodlebug. [1 Attachment]

I wish I was there....... :(

Misspelling courtesy of my iPhone 6 Plus
On Oct 28, 2015, at 7:29 AM, Tobor001@aol.com [B9Builders] wrote:

Hey guys:   Just making sure you got this photo of Billy Mumy and the Doodlebug, thanks to Bill Hedges     [img]cid:X.MA1.1445987303@aol.com[/img]   Victor B9-0082   In a message dated 10/27/2015 2:09:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, B9Builders@yahoogroups.com writes:   Did the cast get to see Bill H's awesome Doodlebug replica? It's very cool! I hope more video gets posted.   -Roy

Date: 10/27/2015 11:19 AM (GMT-07:00)
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Re: Hello Builders/Victor here Chiller Theatre !!!!!!

Hey Guys:   Check this out on youtube.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2uEr6JEuGE   So many people were taking video.  I see Bill H. in the front controls of the Chariot.   Dennis W. is there in the beginning and Oh dear my ear motor went out on Saturday. Have to check if it was a wire or a burnout. On lunch break now.   Back to Technical Writing.   Victor:) B9-0082     -----Original Message-----
From: Philip Hamilton hamiltonp@sbcglobal.net [B9Builders]
To: B9Builders
Sent: Tue, Oct 27, 2015 11:50 am

Is there a B9 Builders facebook page?  Should there be one?   --phil
From: "David Schulpius dschulpius@wi.rr.com [B9Builders]"
To: "Tobor001@aol.com [B9Builders]"
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:02 AM

We do have a "Up Coming Events " section on the website.  However,  maintaining that section takes a lot of research to keep track of what's and happening. Also it ability requires time spent to format all that info into that page and keep it current. Sadly from spring to winter I just don't have the time to build the site and make large changes. I have no problem with maintenance and adding little things. I gotta put my job, family and building my B9 first. Sounds kinda selfish but that's the way it is. Starting this December I can start doing more like adding new pages with stuff like Grag's old collar cad files and pages on differences in the new Torso. However a rolling update on current events is more than I am willing to do. This would be an opportunity for someone or more then one person to step up and take this task on. I'm not sure but I don't think the Yahoo email group is able to have a separate area for this.  Craig would have to answer this. An open forum of some kind would be the best option for this kind of thing in my opinion. Low maintenance and any member could post about what is happening. A forum mediator could watch over it and make certain events "sticky" at the top of the forum. Just some ideas. Maybe I should start a new subject about this so we don't hijack Victor's post anymore. Dave Schulpius On Oct 27, 2015 7:48 AM, "dennis.wilbur@comcast.net [B9Builders]" wrote:

http://www.necomiccon.net/

Shriners Auditorium 99 Fordham Rd, Wilmington, MA 01887
Marta Kristen and Mark Goddard will be there.
The Chariott replica is suppose to be there and someone's B9 is suppose to be there.
 It is advertised on the from page.

http://www.necomiccon.net/guests/media-guests/

To: "B9Builders"
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 10:44:56 PM

What are the details on Boston? I doubt I'll be able to attend (family obligations), but *maybe*... :)

Question for the Forum owners: do we have an "Upcoming Events" section on the forum? Or maybe it's something to add to the website...

If we know when the (B9 friendly) shows are, we can plan (or hope) to attend.

toborthegreat00150

Re: Billy Mumy with the Doodlebug.

Post by toborthegreat00150 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:05 pm

Attachments : Hey Roy:   Thanks so much for the email. Thought you would like this one. Going to work on the video tape and then see what I can get from the others this weekend. Could not really video too much because of the crowds blocking the view.   Hey Jerry, a week before I went to this show I was watching your DVDs and what you did for this club. What you did for this club is priceless my friend and I want to thank you for opening your house to all the great people of this club. Hope to surely meet you. I'll certainly will have my first season robot and upgraded at any event in your area.   Take care,   Victor B9-0082   In a message dated 10/28/2015 11:25:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, B9Builders@yahoogroups.com writes:

That's great! Thanks for sharing that pic! -Roy

From: "Jerry Chevalier jerry.chevalier@att.net [B9Builders]"
Date: 10/28/2015 8:04 AM (GMT-07:00)
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Billy Mumy with the Doodlebug. [1 Attachment]

I wish I was there....... :(

Misspelling courtesy of my iPhone 6 Plus
On Oct 28, 2015, at 7:29 AM, Tobor001@aol.com [B9Builders] wrote:

Hey guys:   Just making sure you got this photo of Billy Mumy and the Doodlebug, thanks to Bill Hedges     [img]cid:X.MA1.1445987303@aol.com[/img]   Victor B9-0082   In a message dated 10/27/2015 2:09:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, B9Builders@yahoogroups.com writes:   Did the cast get to see Bill H's awesome Doodlebug replica? It's very cool! I hope more video gets posted.   -Roy

Date: 10/27/2015 11:19 AM (GMT-07:00)

Hey Guys:   Check this out on youtube.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2uEr6JEuGE   So many people were taking video.  I see Bill H. in the front controls of the Chariot.   Dennis W. is there in the beginning and Oh dear my ear motor went out on Saturday. Have to check if it was a wire or a burnout. On lunch break now.   Back to Technical Writing.   Victor:) B9-0082     -----Original Message-----
From: Philip Hamilton hamiltonp@sbcglobal.net [B9Builders]
To: B9Builders
Sent: Tue, Oct 27, 2015 11:50 am

Is there a B9 Builders facebook page?  Should there be one?   --phil
From: "David Schulpius dschulpius@wi.rr.com [B9Builders]"
To: "Tobor001@aol.com [B9Builders]"
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:02 AM

We do have a "Up Coming Events " section on the website.  However,  maintaining that section takes a lot of research to keep track of what's and happening. Also it ability requires time spent to format all that info into that page and keep it current. Sadly from spring to winter I just don't have the time to build the site and make large changes. I have no problem with maintenance and adding little things. I gotta put my job, family and building my B9 first. Sounds kinda selfish but that's the way it is. Starting this December I can start doing more like adding new pages with stuff like Grag's old collar cad files and pages on differences in the new Torso. However a rolling update on current events is more than I am willing to do. This would be an opportunity for someone or more then one person to step up and take this task on. I'm not sure but I don't think the Yahoo email group is able to have a separate area for this.  Craig would have to answer this. An open forum of some kind would be the best option for this kind of thing in my opinion. Low maintenance and any member could post about what is happening. A forum mediator could watch over it and make certain events "sticky" at the top of the forum. Just some ideas. Maybe I should start a new subject about this so we don't hijack Victor's post anymore. Dave Schulpius On Oct 27, 2015 7:48 AM, "dennis.wilbur@comcast.net [B9Builders]" wrote:

http://www.necomiccon.net/

Shriners Auditorium 99 Fordham Rd, Wilmington, MA 01887
Marta Kristen and Mark Goddard will be there.
The Chariott replica is suppose to be there and someone's B9 is suppose to be there.
 It is advertised on the from page.

http://www.necomiccon.net/guests/media-guests/

To: "B9Builders"
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 10:44:56 PM

What are the details on Boston? I doubt I'll be able to attend (family obligations), but *maybe*... :)

Question for the Forum owners: do we have an "Upcoming Events" section on the forum? Or maybe it's something to add to the website...

If we know when the (B9 friendly) shows are, we can plan (or hope) to attend.

[img]cid:X.MA1.1446073504@aol.com[/img]

Craig Reinbrecht

Back from Chiller... WOW!!

Post by Craig Reinbrecht » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:06 pm

Attachments : Well, I've been back since Monday Night, and finally have a chance to talk about Chiller...

What can I say? WOW!!! What an experience! The amount of excitement around LIS, the cast, the Robots and the Chariot was just incredible. So many LIS fans where there! That did make for a crowded room, which was a little different from other shows I've been to.

Here are some random thoughts...

Thanks! ... A big thanks to Victor Jacob for bringing his great 1st season B9 and for helping make this happen! And a huge thanks to the whole Robot Wrangling crew, Bill Hedges, Charlie Garcia, Phil Hamilton, Dennis Wilbur, John Clevenger, and Bob Ross! It took a team and I greatly appreciate all the help. It was well worth it and made this one of the best weekends ever!

I also enjoyed meeting all the other B9 Builders who came to the show and got to see the cast and the Robots. I am not going to try and name everyone for fear of forgetting someone, but it was truly a pleasure to meet each and every one of you! Its really nice to be able to put a face to a name!

Professional Photo Sessions... Before the show, the Chiller photographer had contacted me and asked if I could move my Robot up to the 2nd floor photo room for the cast professional photo sessions. Of course I said yes, but at that time didn't really know the layout. So each day, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 30 minutes before the scheduled LIS cast photo session, the Wrangling crew loaded my B9 on a dolly (I took the headsection off) and wheeled the headless robot about 100 yards through the packed hotel lobby to the elevators. Once on the second floor we had to wheel the robot down a long narrow hallway another hundred yards to the photo room.

It went pretty well, but on Friday the Batman cast had their photo session right before LIS. In fact we were stopped at the elevator so Adam West could go up, lol! When we got to the 2nd floor, we were shocked to see this narrow hallway PACKED with fans waiting for Batman photos. Hundreds of people in this small hallway. With John Clevenger as our "B9 Bouncer' running point, Phil Hamilton, Charlie Garcia, and Dennis Wilber squeezed the robot through the crowd, in what seemed like a scene from the Gauntlet! But we finally made it. I was carrying the headsection crate, and my arms nearly fell off by the time we got in that room. We were exhausted by the time we got there! But it was well worth it, and I think it added a lot to the LIS cast photos.

We did that each day and it got a little easier, and we got better at it each trip. The wranglers certainly earned their badges, lol! ...Victor and his B9 kept us represented in the cast room while we were gone,  so it was great we had two B9s.

The Chariot... If you've seen the pictures, its even better in real life! If you have a chance to see this magnificent recreation, I highly recommend it!

And to make the experience even more incredible, Bill Hedges, Charlie, and I all got a turn at driving the Chariot! OMG! Truly a highlight of the weekend!! It's some work driving the Chariot, but so cool beyond words! Thanks to John Antonellis and his crew, Jacob, Jim, and Chris Pappas for being so generous to their fellow LIS enthusiasts and so gracious to all the fans at Chiller! Something I will never forget for the rest of my life.

One of the coolest moments for me was right at the beginning... When Bill Mumy walked into the LIS room for the first time on Friday. The robots were setup but my neon cover was still on. Seeing it had signatures on it, he grabbed a Sharpie and walked right up and signed it for me! I didn't even have too ask. That was a great way to start off a great weekend! The cast was great and it was truly a joy to be part of this event.

[img]cid:.0[/img]

Still decompressing after the weekends events...

Craig

warpig2011

Re: Back from Chiller... WOW!!

Post by warpig2011 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:28 pm

Craig - I'll give you $15, a new Moebius Models B9 (unbuilt) and three bottle caps for that autographed neon protector.

How can you resist a deal like that? (I'll even throw in a custom-cut piece of corrugated cardboard to sub for it!)

ponyboy8844

Post by ponyboy8844 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:47 pm

That's so cool!!!! Wish I could have gone. Darn work and money thing! Always gets in the way of my fun time! Would have loved to have been "in the bucket" posing with the cast!                       -Roy

Date: 10/28/2015 7:06 PM (GMT-07:00)
Subject: [B9Builders] Back from Chiller... WOW!!

Well, I've been back since Monday Night, and finally have a chance to talk about Chiller...

What can I say? WOW!!! What an experience! The amount of excitement around LIS, the cast, the Robots and the Chariot was just incredible. So many LIS fans where there! That did make for a crowded room, which was a little different from other shows I've been to.

Thanks! ... A big thanks to Victor Jacob for bringing his great 1st season B9 and for helping make this happen! And a huge thanks to the whole Robot Wrangling crew, Bill Hedges, Charlie Garcia, Phil Hamilton, Dennis Wilbur, John Clevenger, and Bob Ross! It took a team and I greatly appreciate all the help. It was well worth it and made this one of the best weekends ever!

I also enjoyed meeting all the other B9 Builders who came to the show and got to see the cast and the Robots. I am not going to try and name everyone for fear of forgetting someone, but it was truly a pleasure to meet each and every one of you! Its really nice to be able to put a face to a name!

Professional Photo Sessions... Before the show, the Chiller photographer had contacted me and asked if I could move my Robot up to the 2nd floor photo room for the cast professional photo sessions. Of course I said yes, but at that time didn't really know the layout. So each day, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 30 minutes before the scheduled LIS cast photo session, the Wrangling crew loaded my B9 on a dolly (I took the headsection off) and wheeled the headless robot about 100 yards through the packed hotel lobby to the elevators. Once on the second floor we had to wheel the robot down a long narrow hallway another hundred yards to the photo room.

It went pretty well, but on Friday the Batman cast had their photo session right before LIS. In fact we were stopped at the elevator so Adam West could go up, lol! When we got to the 2nd floor, we were shocked to see this narrow hallway PACKED with fans waiting for Batman photos. Hundreds of people in this small hallway. With John Clevenger as our "B9 Bouncer' running point, Phil Hamilton, Charlie Garcia, and Dennis Wilber squeezed the robot through the crowd, in what seemed like a scene from the Gauntlet! But we finally made it. I was carrying the headsection crate, and my arms nearly fell off by the time we got in that room. We were exhausted by the time we got there! But it was well worth it, and I think it added a lot to the LIS cast photos.

We did that each day and it got a little easier, and we got better at it each trip. The wranglers certainly earned their badges, lol! ...Victor and his B9 kept us represented in the cast room while we were gone,  so it was great we had two B9s.

The Chariot... If you've seen the pictures, its even better in real life! If you have a chance to see this magnificent recreation, I highly recommend it!

And to make the experience even more incredible, Bill Hedges, Charlie, and I all got a turn at driving the Chariot! OMG! Truly a highlight of the weekend!! It's some work driving the Chariot, but so cool beyond words! Thanks to John Antonellis and his crew, Jacob, Jim, and Chris Pappas for being so generous to their fellow LIS enthusiasts and so gracious to all the fans at Chiller! Something I will never forget for the rest of my life.

One of the coolest moments for me was right at the beginning... When Bill Mumy walked into the LIS room for the first time on Friday. The robots were setup but my neon cover was still on. Seeing it had signatures on it, he grabbed a Sharpie and walked right up and signed it for me! I didn't even have too ask. That was a great way to start off a great weekend! The cast was great and it was truly a joy to be part of this event.

Craig

David Reabe

Post by David Reabe » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:53 pm

Attachments :
  1. [url=file:///C:\Users\CyberPigStudio\AppData\Local\PG Offline 4\Attachments\B9Builders\aa68e52.jpg]aa68e52.jpg[/url]
I am in the same boat!

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:47 PM, "ponyboy8844 ponyboy8844@comcast.net [B9Builders]" wrote:

That's so cool!!!! Wish I could have gone. Darn work and money thing! Always gets in the way of my fun time! Would have loved to have been "in the bucket" posing with the cast!                       -Roy

Date: 10/28/2015 7:06 PM (GMT-07:00)
Subject: [B9Builders] Back from Chiller... WOW!!

Well, I've been back since Monday Night, and finally have a chance to talk about Chiller...

Craig

sjb0459

Post by sjb0459 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:01 pm

Sounds like you all had a really brilliant time.  I live here in the UK and I've always said one day I will come over to one of the conventions, I've really missed the big one this year, but I will attend one in the future when finances allow. 
Steve