Re: Tech 22 and neon problems [2 Attachments]

skyrocketguy@yahoo.com

Re: Tech 22 and neon problems

Post by skyrocketguy@yahoo.com » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:09 pm

I don't have the specs for all of the pieces you are using. So I'm unclear as to exactly where to connect the speaker ground other than with the rest of the grounds. 
Note that others have suggested that the amp may not like it. 
I would suggest a test. Hook the amp's output to a speaker. Verify you have sound. 
While something is playing, jumper the negative of the speaker to the chassis briefly. 
If the amp is happy, the sound keeps playing and there is no distortion, you should be safe to keep the speaker negative to the common ground of all devices. Then you should have a much more solid signal to feed the controller.
You still might need to tweak the volume out of the amp and the attenuater.  

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone
------ Original message------From: jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders]Date: Mon, Nov 9, 2015 4:47 PMTo: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com;Subject:Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems
  Jeff,

I just reread your original reply where you suggested that I might have a classic case of "floating".  I think I was too dense to understand where you were coming from when I first read it.

So to answer my own question in my previous post, it sounds like you are suggesting that I run the "-" speaker output from the CF4 to the bunch of grounds connected to the black power in.

Thank you for the suggestion and I will try that when I get home!!!

Best,

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad
------ Original Message ------

To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: November 9, 2015 at 1:26 PM
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems
  So Jeff, are you saying that I should use both the + and - speaker output from the CF4 unit?  If so, where do I connect the - ?  Would it be connected with the other black grounds or would I also connect it with the + to the grey input wire of the music interface?

Thanks!

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Sent: November 9, 2015 at 1:11 PM
  You still seem to be passing only the red positive speaker wire.
Just like connecting a speaker with only one wire, it just don't work that way.
Jeff

Jeff DeRose

Post by Jeff DeRose » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:34 am

Fixed!  As suggested, I needed to run the "-" speaker output to the common ground. None of my prior documentation suggests that I did that last time. Of course I can't remember what I had for lunch today....
Thank you all for tolerating my ignorance!
Jeff-

Sent from my iPad
On Nov 9, 2015, at 4:09 PM, "skyrocketguy@yahoo.com skyrocketguy@yahoo.com [B9Builders]" wrote:

I don't have the specs for all of the pieces you are using. So I'm unclear as to exactly where to connect the speaker ground other than with the rest of the grounds. 
I would suggest a test. Hook the amp's output to a speaker. Verify you have sound. 
While something is playing, jumper the negative of the speaker to the chassis briefly. 
If the amp is happy, the sound keeps playing and there is no distortion, you should be safe to keep the speaker negative to the common ground of all devices. Then you should have a much more solid signal to feed the controller.

------ Original message------From: jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders]Date: Mon, Nov 9, 2015 4:47 PMTo: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com;Subject:Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems
  Jeff,

I just reread your original reply where you suggested that I might have a classic case of "floating".  I think I was too dense to understand where you were coming from when I first read it.

So to answer my own question in my previous post, it sounds like you are suggesting that I run the "-" speaker output from the CF4 to the bunch of grounds connected to the black power in.

Best,

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

So Jeff, are you saying that I should use both the + and - speaker output from the CF4 unit?  If so, where do I connect the - ?  Would it be connected with the other black grounds or would I also connect it with the + to the grey input wire of the music interface?

Thanks!

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Jeff

Gary Olley

Post by Gary Olley » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:02 am

Attachments :Glad you fixed it I did reply back on the 25 of October Asking about all your grounds.  Lets see some video of you neon working.    garyFrom: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 10 November 2015 4:04 PM
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems    Fixed!  As suggested, I needed to run the "-" speaker output to the common ground. None of my prior documentation suggests that I did that last time. Of course I can't remember what I had for lunch today....  Thank you all for tolerating my ignorance!  Jeff-

Sent from my iPad
On Nov 9, 2015, at 4:09 PM, "skyrocketguy@yahoo.com skyrocketguy@yahoo.com [B9Builders]" wrote:
  I don't have the specs for all of the pieces you are using. So I'm unclear as to exactly where to connect the speaker ground other than with the rest of the grounds.   Note that others have suggested that the amp may not like it.   I would suggest a test. Hook the amp's output to a speaker. Verify you have sound.   While something is playing, jumper the negative of the speaker to the chassis briefly.   If the amp is happy, the sound keeps playing and there is no distortion, you should be safe to keep the speaker negative to the common ground of all devices. Then you should have a much more solid signal to feed the controller.  You still might need to tweak the volume out of the amp and the attenuater.        Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone  ------ Original message------From: jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders]Date: Mon, Nov 9, 2015 4:47 PMTo: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com;Subject:Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems   
Jeff,

Best,

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Thanks!

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

From: Sky Rocket Guy%20skyrocketguy@yahoo.com [B9Builders]
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems You still seem to be passing only the red positive speaker wire.  Just like connecting a speaker with only one wire, it just don't work that way.  Jeff    From: [B9Builders]" %3cB9Builders@yahoogroups.com
To:%20B9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2015 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems   I'm still waiting for one (or some) of you smarty pants's to school me on my neon problem.

Was it the pic of the wiring rat's nest that scared you away? LOL!

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad  

Sent: November 7, 2015 at 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems [1 Attachment] [Attachment(s) from%20jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders] included below] Hi All,  Ok, here's an update and (as always) I'd very much welcome your thoughts as I'm still not getting a reaction from the neon when voice files are played through the music interface to the tech 22:  Since last we spoke (typed):- I've purchased a CFS 4 unit to replace the CFS 3.  Good news is that it resolved the problem the 3 was having by getting hung up on random .wav files.  Dave S., you were correct, the 4 didn't like the ACS code I'd written for the 3.  Luckily, I debugged it very quickly and had it working for the 4 in no time.  Again, In the near future, I will post the code for both the 3 and the 4 with lots of notes so that others with CFSound units can get their b9's talking much more quickly than I have!  Now the bad news, I still can't get the music interface to respond to the sound files.  Here's the deal:-  You may recall that I had this setup working about a year ago.  Other than fine tuning, it worked great.-  The neon still turns on just fine and works.-  As with a year go, I have to wire in the attenuator because without it, any small upward turns of the music interface knobs will turn the neon on all the time.  The attenuator lowers the input amplitude so that there is more play in the knobs.  Otherwise, I can't find any differences between my wiring and the pics that Dave S. has posted.-  With the attenuator wired in, I can turn the knobs all the way down and the neon turns off.  I can turn them up and at mid settings, the neon stays on all the time.  Obviously somewhere below there should be the sweet spot.  The attached picture (I apologize for my messy wiring):-  As you can see in the attached pic, going over the top of the pic I have the audio signal-in coming from the CFS4 left speaker + out terminal (red wire with black electrical tape stripes).  BTW, I've wired a speaker directly to this terminal on the CFS4 and it plays just fine, so I know I'm getting a signal out).  This wire feeds into the attenuator, then out the other end of the attenuator (grey wire connected to the grey wire of the music interface).  The attenuator has a ground which I have wired to the others on the terminal bank (black).- I have the orange wire on the Tech 22 connected to the orange of the signal inverter (just up from center).  In the pic, the white leaving the inverter is connected to the yellow from the music interface.  The interface purple and orange are not being used in the pic, but I've tried them all together (setup that worked 1 year ago), each individually and all conceivable combos with no success.  The inverter black and red wires are connected to ground and hot on the terminal bank.I've played with the volume settings on the CFS 4 to adjust the power of the speaker output.  No success.  The other amp is connected to the CFS 4 via the line level interface and the other amp has the speaker connected to it and plays the files just fine.  Since this problem couldn't conceivably be a mistake on my part (LOL LOL LOL!!!), I'm beginning to wonder if the music interface is faulty.  Thank you all for reading and I hope something obvious comes clear to any of you!Best, Jeff-    No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7227 / Virus Database: 4457/10971 - Release Date: 11/09/15

Sky Rocket Guy

Post by Sky Rocket Guy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:22 am

Good job!
Jeff Lakeskyrocketguy
To: "B9Builders@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:34 AM

Fixed!  As suggested, I needed to run the "-" speaker output to the common ground. None of my prior documentation suggests that I did that last time. Of course I can't remember what I had for lunch today....
Thank you all for tolerating my ignorance!
Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Jeff,

Best,

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Thanks!

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Jeff

Jeff DeRose

Post by Jeff DeRose » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:00 am

Yep I'm aware that you suggested the ground Gary. Thanks to you and all.  I've literally got video from a year ago that shows it working without that ground connected to common. Must have been a fluke.  I also noticed that Craig R's older wiring diagram shows the connection as "optional". Regardless, you guys are great for helping me out. 
Great idea on the video. Will post in the future. 
Jeff-

Sent from my iPad
On Nov 9, 2015, at 11:02 PM, "'gary olley' gary_olley@bigpond.com [B9Builders]" wrote:

Glad you fixed it I did reply back on the 25 of October Asking about all your grounds.  Lets see some video of you neon working.    garyFrom: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems    Fixed!  As suggested, I needed to run the "-" speaker output to the common ground. None of my prior documentation suggests that I did that last time. Of course I can't remember what I had for lunch today....  Thank you all for tolerating my ignorance!  Jeff-

Sent from my iPad
On Nov 9, 2015, at 4:09 PM, "skyrocketguy@yahoo.com skyrocketguy@yahoo.com [B9Builders]" wrote:  I don't have the specs for all of the pieces you are using. So I'm unclear as to exactly where to connect the speaker ground other than with the rest of the grounds.   Note that others have suggested that the amp may not like it.   I would suggest a test. Hook the amp's output to a speaker. Verify you have sound.   While something is playing, jumper the negative of the speaker to the chassis briefly.   If the amp is happy, the sound keeps playing and there is no distortion, you should be safe to keep the speaker negative to the common ground of all devices. Then you should have a much more solid signal to feed the controller.  You still might need to tweak the volume out of the amp and the attenuater.        Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone  ------ Original message------From: jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders]Date: Mon, Nov 9, 2015 4:47 PMTo: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com;Subject:Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems   
Jeff,

Best,

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Thanks!

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems You still seem to be passing only the red positive speaker wire.  Just like connecting a speaker with only one wire, it just don't work that way.  Jeff    From: [B9Builders]" %3cB9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems   I'm still waiting for one (or some) of you smarty pants's to school me on my neon problem.

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad  

Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems [1 Attachment] [Attachment(s) from%20jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders] included below] Hi All,  Ok, here's an update and (as always) I'd very much welcome your thoughts as I'm still not getting a reaction from the neon when voice files are played through the music interface to the tech 22:  Since last we spoke (typed):- I've purchased a CFS 4 unit to replace the CFS 3.  Good news is that it resolved the problem the 3 was having by getting hung up on random .wav files.  Dave S., you were correct, the 4 didn't like the ACS code I'd written for the 3.  Luckily, I debugged it very quickly and had it working for the 4 in no time.  Again, In the near future, I will post the code for both the 3 and the 4 with lots of notes so that others with CFSound units can get their b9's talking much more quickly than I have!  Now the bad news, I still can't get the music interface to respond to the sound files.  Here's the deal:-  You may recall that I had this setup working about a year ago.  Other than fine tuning, it worked great.-  The neon still turns on just fine and works.-  As with a year go, I have to wire in the attenuator because without it, any small upward turns of the music interface knobs will turn the neon on all the time.  The attenuator lowers the input amplitude so that there is more play in the knobs.  Otherwise, I can't find any differences between my wiring and the pics that Dave S. has posted.-  With the attenuator wired in, I can turn the knobs all the way down and the neon turns off.  I can turn them up and at mid settings, the neon stays on all the time.  Obviously somewhere below there should be the sweet spot.  The attached picture (I apologize for my messy wiring):-  As you can see in the attached pic, going over the top of the pic I have the audio signal-in coming from the CFS4 left speaker + out terminal (red wire with black electrical tape stripes).  BTW, I've wired a speaker directly to this terminal on the CFS4 and it plays just fine, so I know I'm getting a signal out).  This wire feeds into the attenuator, then out the other end of the attenuator (grey wire connected to the grey wire of the music interface).  The attenuator has a ground which I have wired to the others on the terminal bank (black).- I have the orange wire on the Tech 22 connected to the orange of the signal inverter (just up from center).  In the pic, the white leaving the inverter is connected to the yellow from the music interface.  The interface purple and orange are not being used in the pic, but I've tried them all together (setup that worked 1 year ago), each individually and all conceivable combos with no success.  The inverter black and red wires are connected to ground and hot on the terminal bank.I've played with the volume settings on the CFS 4 to adjust the power of the speaker output.  No success.  The other amp is connected to the CFS 4 via the line level interface and the other amp has the speaker connected to it and plays the files just fine.  Since this problem couldn't conceivably be a mistake on my part (LOL LOL LOL!!!), I'm beginning to wonder if the music interface is faulty.  Thank you all for reading and I hope something obvious comes clear to any of you!Best, Jeff-    No virus found in this message.

Jeff DeRose

Post by Jeff DeRose » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Hi all,  I have an update and (of course) questions.  I ve actually been working with Tom from Tech 22 as I try to hammer out my issues. Between all of you and him, I ve come a long way. This is what I figured out:  1.       When I wired my neon up a year ago on the kitchen table, I used a single 12v DC source to power everything (CF unit, second amp, music interface, tech 22 transformer). In that configuration I did not make use of the - speaker out on the CF unit. I only used the CF s + speaker wire to feed the music interface. I used the line out of the CF to feed the voice signals to the second amp and that second amp had the speaker which played the voice files. Everything worked perfectly. Packed it up for a year and then recently put it back together.2.       As you all know from this email string, on this round I set it up on the kitchen table and it originally did not work. The interface would not respond to the voice. I was baffled. Everything was hooked the same as the first time. Or so I thought .. As it turns out, this last time, I DID NOT SOURCE ALL COMPONENTS FROM THE SAME POWER SOURCE AS I DID THE FIRST TIME. This time, I used wall transformers for the CF and the second amp and a 12v DC source for the interface and tech22. This is why it originally did not flash with the voice files. I m too stupid to explain why that is (I m sure some of you can though!), but it has something to do with the grounding that occurs when all pieces of electronics are power sourced together and on the same ground.  David M is awesome and mentioned the red print in the CF III and IV manuals which states, NOTE: THE SPEAKER OUTPUTS ARE NOT REFERENCED TO GROUND EACH SPEAKER REQUIRES ITS OWN PAIR OF WIRES, AND NEITHER WIRE MAY BE CONNECTED TO GROUND.  3.       Like a fool, in order to get a signal, a couple of days ago I grounded the CF - speaker out to the 12v DC input black. This made the interface respond to the sound files, but I later learned that the only reason I didn t fry my CF was because I grounded the - speaker wire to the black on the power source that was not feeding the CF (remember it was on a separate wall transformer). Again, I don t fully understand this stuff, but I sure am lucky!4.       So, today I removed the CF speaker out - from the entire configuration and moved all components to a single 12v DC power supply. The set up once again works without the - engaged and the neon flashes to the voice files!!!!! But one problem ..Now the speaker hums (or I guess buzzes) each time the neon turns on. You can still hear the voice files, but the humming is quite bad. On top of this, something is causing the interface to flash the neon sporadically on and off even when voice files aren t playing. Of course when this happens, that humming sounds comes through.  Anyone encounter this before? If so what did you do about it?  Sign me Jeff I m a lucky idiot DeRose  From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2015 11:02 PM
Subject: RE: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems    Glad you fixed it I did reply back on the 25 of October Asking about all your grounds. Lets see some video of you neon working.  garyFrom: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems   Fixed!  As suggested, I needed to run the "-" speaker output to the common ground. None of my prior documentation suggests that I did that last time. Of course I can't remember what I had for lunch today.... Thank you all for tolerating my ignorance! Jeff-

Sent from my iPad
  I don't have the specs for all of the pieces you are using. So I'm unclear as to exactly where to connect the speaker ground other than with the rest of the grounds.  Note that others have suggested that the amp may not like it.  I would suggest a test. Hook the amp's output to a speaker. Verify you have sound.  While something is playing, jumper the negative of the speaker to the chassis briefly.  If the amp is happy, the sound keeps playing and there is no distortion, you should be safe to keep the speaker negative to the common ground of all devices. Then you should have a much more solid signal to feed the controller. You still might need to tweak the volume out of the amp and the attenuater.     Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone ------ Original message------From: jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders]Date: Mon, Nov 9, 2015 4:47 PMTo: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com;Subject:Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems  
Jeff,

Best,

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Thanks!

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems You still seem to be passing only the red positive speaker wire. Just like connecting a speaker with only one wire, it just don't work that way. Jeff  From: [B9Builders]" %3cB9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems  I'm still waiting for one (or some) of you smarty pants's to school me on my neon problem.

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad 

Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems [1 Attachment] [Attachment(s) from%20jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders] included below] Hi All, Ok, here's an update and (as always) I'd very much welcome your thoughts as I'm still not getting a reaction from the neon when voice files are played through the music interface to the tech 22: Since last we spoke (typed):- I've purchased a CFS 4 unit to replace the CFS 3.  Good news is that it resolved the problem the 3 was having by getting hung up on random .wav files.  Dave S., you were correct, the 4 didn't like the ACS code I'd written for the 3.  Luckily, I debugged it very quickly and had it working for the 4 in no time.  Again, In the near future, I will post the code for both the 3 and the 4 with lots of notes so that others with CFSound units can get their b9's talking much more quickly than I have! Now the bad news, I still can't get the music interface to respond to the sound files.  Here's the deal:-  You may recall that I had this setup working about a year ago.  Other than fine tuning, it worked great.-  The neon still turns on just fine and works.-  As with a year go, I have to wire in the attenuator because without it, any small upward turns of the music interface knobs will turn the neon on all the time.  The attenuator lowers the input amplitude so that there is more play in the knobs.  Otherwise, I can't find any differences between my wiring and the pics that Dave S. has posted.-  With the attenuator wired in, I can turn the knobs all the way down and the neon turns off.  I can turn them up and at mid settings, the neon stays on all the time.  Obviously somewhere below there should be the sweet spot. The attached picture (I apologize for my messy wiring):-  As you can see in the attached pic, going over the top of the pic I have the audio signal-in coming from the CFS4 left speaker + out terminal (red wire with black electrical tape stripes).  BTW, I've wired a speaker directly to this terminal on the CFS4 and it plays just fine, so I know I'm getting a signal out).  This wire feeds into the attenuator, then out the other end of the attenuator (grey wire connected to the grey wire of the music interface).  The attenuator has a ground which I have wired to the others on the terminal bank (black).- I have the orange wire on the Tech 22 connected to the orange of the signal inverter (just up from center).  In the pic, the white leaving the inverter is connected to the yellow from the music interface.  The interface purple and orange are not being used in the pic, but I've tried them all together (setup that worked 1 year ago), each individually and all conceivable combos with no success.  The inverter black and red wires are connected to ground and hot on the terminal bank.I've played with the volume settings on the CFS 4 to adjust the power of the speaker output.  No success.  The other amp is connected to the CFS 4 via the line level interface and the other amp has the speaker connected to it and plays the files just fine. Since this problem couldn't conceivably be a mistake on my part (LOL LOL LOL!!!), I'm beginning to wonder if the music interface is faulty. Thank you all for reading and I hope something obvious comes clear to any of you!Best, Jeff-  No virus found in this message.

Gary Olley

Post by Gary Olley » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:45 pm

Attachments :Sounds like you have a ground loop problem.You might be able to use an audio isolation transformer.  http://www.jaycar.us/PRODUCTS/Sight-%26-Sound-Car/Car-Audio-Hardware/Car-Hardware-Accessories/Ground-Loop-Isolator-%28Stereo%29-RCA/p/AA3084    Gary  From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, 15 November 2015 11:04 AM
Subject: RE: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems    Hi all, I have an update and (of course) questions. I ve actually been working with Tom from Tech 22 as I try to hammer out my issues.  Between all of you and him, I ve come a long way.  This is what I figured out: 1.       When I wired my neon up a year ago on the kitchen table, I used a single 12v DC source to power everything (CF unit, second amp, music interface, tech 22 transformer).  In that configuration I did not make use of the - speaker out on the CF unit.  I only used the CF s + speaker wire to feed the music interface.  I used the line out of the CF to feed the voice signals to the second amp and that second amp had the speaker which played the voice files.  Everything worked perfectly.  Packed it up for a year and then recently put it back together.2.       As you all know from this email string, on this round I set it up on the kitchen table and it originally did not work.  The interface would not respond to the voice.  I was baffled.  Everything was hooked the same as the first time.  Or so I thought ..  As it turns out, this last time, I DID NOT SOURCE ALL COMPONENTS FROM THE SAME POWER SOURCE AS I DID THE FIRST TIME.  This time, I used wall transformers for the CF and the second amp and a 12v DC source for the interface and tech22.  This is why it originally did not flash with the voice files.  I m too stupid to explain why that is (I m sure some of you can though!), but it has something to do with the grounding that occurs when all pieces of electronics are power sourced together and on the same ground. David M is awesome and mentioned the red print in the CF III and IV manuals which states, NOTE: THE SPEAKER OUTPUTS ARE NOT REFERENCED TO GROUND EACH SPEAKER REQUIRES ITS OWN PAIR OF WIRES, AND NEITHER WIRE MAY BE CONNECTED TO GROUND.  3.       Like a fool, in order to get a signal, a couple of days ago I grounded the CF - speaker out to the 12v DC input black.  This made the interface respond to the sound files, but I later learned that the only reason I didn t fry my CF was because I grounded the - speaker wire to the black on the power source that was not feeding the CF (remember it was on a separate wall transformer).  Again, I don t fully understand this stuff, but I sure am lucky!4.       So, today I removed the CF speaker out - from the entire configuration and moved all components to a single 12v DC power supply.  The set up once again works without the - engaged and the neon flashes to the voice files!!!!!  But one problem ..Now the speaker hums (or I guess buzzes) each time the neon turns on.  You can still hear the voice files, but the humming is quite bad.  On top of this, something is causing the interface to flash the neon sporadically on and off even when voice files aren t playing.  Of course when this happens, that humming sounds comes through. Anyone encounter this before?  If so what did you do about it? Sign me Jeff I m a lucky idiot DeRose   From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Subject: RE: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems   Glad you fixed it I did reply back on the 25 of October Asking about all your grounds. Lets see some video of you neon working.  garyFrom: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems   Fixed!  As suggested, I needed to run the "-" speaker output to the common ground. None of my prior documentation suggests that I did that last time. Of course I can't remember what I had for lunch today.... Thank you all for tolerating my ignorance! Jeff-

Sent from my iPad
  I don't have the specs for all of the pieces you are using. So I'm unclear as to exactly where to connect the speaker ground other than with the rest of the grounds.  Note that others have suggested that the amp may not like it.  I would suggest a test. Hook the amp's output to a speaker. Verify you have sound.  While something is playing, jumper the negative of the speaker to the chassis briefly.  If the amp is happy, the sound keeps playing and there is no distortion, you should be safe to keep the speaker negative to the common ground of all devices. Then you should have a much more solid signal to feed the controller. You still might need to tweak the volume out of the amp and the attenuater.     Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone ------ Original message------From: jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders]Date: Mon, Nov 9, 2015 4:47 PMTo: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com;Subject:Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems  
Jeff,

Best,

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Thanks!

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems You still seem to be passing only the red positive speaker wire. Just like connecting a speaker with only one wire, it just don't work that way. Jeff  From: [B9Builders]" %3cB9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems  I'm still waiting for one (or some) of you smarty pants's to school me on my neon problem.

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad 

Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems [1 Attachment] [Attachment(s) from%20jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders] included below] Hi All, Ok, here's an update and (as always) I'd very much welcome your thoughts as I'm still not getting a reaction from the neon when voice files are played through the music interface to the tech 22: Since last we spoke (typed):- I've purchased a CFS 4 unit to replace the CFS 3.  Good news is that it resolved the problem the 3 was having by getting hung up on random .wav files.  Dave S., you were correct, the 4 didn't like the ACS code I'd written for the 3.  Luckily, I debugged it very quickly and had it working for the 4 in no time.  Again, In the near future, I will post the code for both the 3 and the 4 with lots of notes so that others with CFSound units can get their b9's talking much more quickly than I have! Now the bad news, I still can't get the music interface to respond to the sound files.  Here's the deal:-  You may recall that I had this setup working about a year ago.  Other than fine tuning, it worked great.-  The neon still turns on just fine and works.-  As with a year go, I have to wire in the attenuator because without it, any small upward turns of the music interface knobs will turn the neon on all the time.  The attenuator lowers the input amplitude so that there is more play in the knobs.  Otherwise, I can't find any differences between my wiring and the pics that Dave S. has posted.-  With the attenuator wired in, I can turn the knobs all the way down and the neon turns off.  I can turn them up and at mid settings, the neon stays on all the time.  Obviously somewhere below there should be the sweet spot. The attached picture (I apologize for my messy wiring):-  As you can see in the attached pic, going over the top of the pic I have the audio signal-in coming from the CFS4 left speaker + out terminal (red wire with black electrical tape stripes).  BTW, I've wired a speaker directly to this terminal on the CFS4 and it plays just fine, so I know I'm getting a signal out).  This wire feeds into the attenuator, then out the other end of the attenuator (grey wire connected to the grey wire of the music interface).  The attenuator has a ground which I have wired to the others on the terminal bank (black).- I have the orange wire on the Tech 22 connected to the orange of the signal inverter (just up from center).  In the pic, the white leaving the inverter is connected to the yellow from the music interface.  The interface purple and orange are not being used in the pic, but I've tried them all together (setup that worked 1 year ago), each individually and all conceivable combos with no success.  The inverter black and red wires are connected to ground and hot on the terminal bank.I've played with the volume settings on the CFS 4 to adjust the power of the speaker output.  No success.  The other amp is connected to the CFS 4 via the line level interface and the other amp has the speaker connected to it and plays the files just fine. Since this problem couldn't conceivably be a mistake on my part (LOL LOL LOL!!!), I'm beginning to wonder if the music interface is faulty. Thank you all for reading and I hope something obvious comes clear to any of you!Best, Jeff-  No virus found in this message.
Version: 2016.0.7227 / Virus Database: 4457/10971 - Release Date: 11/09/15No virus found in this message.
Version: 2016.0.7227 / Virus Database: 4460/10999 - Release Date: 11/14/15

Jeff DeRose

Post by Jeff DeRose » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:51 pm

Thanks for the input Gary. I will pick one up today. If I plug this into the CF line level out that feeds the second amp (2nd amp runs the speaker) will there be any issues regarding the red font warning noted below in the CF manual?

Sent from my iPad
On Nov 14, 2015, at 4:45 PM, "'gary olley' gary_olley@bigpond.com [B9Builders]" wrote:

Sounds like you have a ground loop problem.You might be able to use an audio isolation transformer.  http://www.jaycar.us/PRODUCTS/Sight-%26-Sound-Car/Car-Audio-Hardware/Car-Hardware-Accessories/Ground-Loop-Isolator-%28Stereo%29-RCA/p/AA3084    Gary  From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, 15 November 2015 11:04 AM
Subject: RE: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems    Hi all, I have an update and (of course) questions. I ve actually been working with Tom from Tech 22 as I try to hammer out my issues.  Between all of you and him, I ve come a long way.  This is what I figured out: 1.       When I wired my neon up a year ago on the kitchen table, I used a single 12v DC source to power everything (CF unit, second amp, music interface, tech 22 transformer).  In that configuration I did not make use of the - speaker out on the CF unit.  I only used the CF s + speaker wire to feed the music interface.  I used the line out of the CF to feed the voice signals to the second amp and that second amp had the speaker which played the voice files.  Everything worked perfectly.  Packed it up for a year and then recently put it back together.2.       As you all know from this email string, on this round I set it up on the kitchen table and it originally did not work.  The interface would not respond to the voice.  I was baffled.  Everything was hooked the same as the first time.  Or so I thought ..  As it turns out, this last time, I DID NOT SOURCE ALL COMPONENTS FROM THE SAME POWER SOURCE AS I DID THE FIRST TIME.  This time, I used wall transformers for the CF and the second amp and a 12v DC source for the interface and tech22.  This is why it originally did not flash with the voice files.  I m too stupid to explain why that is (I m sure some of you can though!), but it has something to do with the grounding that occurs when all pieces of electronics are power sourced together and on the same ground. David M is awesome and mentioned the red print in the CF III and IV manuals which states, NOTE: THE SPEAKER OUTPUTS ARE NOT REFERENCED TO GROUND EACH SPEAKER REQUIRES ITS OWN PAIR OF WIRES, AND NEITHER WIRE MAY BE CONNECTED TO GROUND.  3.       Like a fool, in order to get a signal, a couple of days ago I grounded the CF - speaker out to the 12v DC input black.  This made the interface respond to the sound files, but I later learned that the only reason I didn t fry my CF was because I grounded the - speaker wire to the black on the power source that was not feeding the CF (remember it was on a separate wall transformer).  Again, I don t fully understand this stuff, but I sure am lucky!4.       So, today I removed the CF speaker out - from the entire configuration and moved all components to a single 12v DC power supply.  The set up once again works without the - engaged and the neon flashes to the voice files!!!!!  But one problem ..Now the speaker hums (or I guess buzzes) each time the neon turns on.  You can still hear the voice files, but the humming is quite bad.  On top of this, something is causing the interface to flash the neon sporadically on and off even when voice files aren t playing.  Of course when this happens, that humming sounds comes through. Anyone encounter this before?  If so what did you do about it? Sign me Jeff I m a lucky idiot DeRose   From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Subject: RE: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems   Glad you fixed it I did reply back on the 25 of October Asking about all your grounds. Lets see some video of you neon working.  garyFrom: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]

Sent from my iPad
On Nov 9, 2015, at 4:09 PM, "skyrocketguy@yahoo.com skyrocketguy@yahoo.com [B9Builders]" wrote:  I don't have the specs for all of the pieces you are using. So I'm unclear as to exactly where to connect the speaker ground other than with the rest of the grounds.  Note that others have suggested that the amp may not like it.  I would suggest a test. Hook the amp's output to a speaker. Verify you have sound.  While something is playing, jumper the negative of the speaker to the chassis briefly.  If the amp is happy, the sound keeps playing and there is no distortion, you should be safe to keep the speaker negative to the common ground of all devices. Then you should have a much more solid signal to feed the controller. You still might need to tweak the volume out of the amp and the attenuater.     Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone ------ Original message------From: jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders]Date: Mon, Nov 9, 2015 4:47 PMTo: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com;Subject:Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems  
Jeff,

Best,

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Thanks!

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad 

Version: 2016.0.7227 / Virus Database: 4457/10971 - Release Date: 11/09/15No virus found in this message.
Version: 2016.0.7227 / Virus Database: 4460/10999 - Release Date: 11/14/15

Bob Ross

Post by Bob Ross » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:24 pm

Attachments :
  1. [url=file:///D:\B9YAHOO\attachments\\Future Kit Mono Amp fk602.pdf]Future Kit Mono Amp fk602.pdf[/url]
Jeff,
Apologies for not chiming in on this earlier - have been busy and not online as often as normal.
As you stated the big difference in your former and current setup are the power supplies.  Using the separate ones is what's causing the problem.  Each of your supplies is floating with respect to each other.  Picture two different batteries each powering their own circuits.  Each circuit will work, but if circuit 1 wanted to send a signal to circuit 2, its not going to be able to because they're not connected.  It takes at least 2 wires to connect circuit 1 to 2.  One signal will be the active source and the other will be the ground return.  Your initial attempts at sending the CF output to the Tech22 by just hooking up one wire would not work since the grounds were not connected.
Have a couple suggestions:
1).  Go back to your original single power supply setup and make sure everything works as you remember - sounds are audible, neons flash, no hum.  At this point you'll have a known baseline.
2).  Not 100% sure why you're using 2 power supplies, but if you need to, the ground (neg) of each should be tied together.  This will give the return path for any signal sent from one to the other.  This should theoretically make the setup the same as #1 above.
As for the warning on the CF unit about not connecting the speaker outputs to ground.  I would follow that warning - don't do it.  Typically only very low power amps drive one speaker wire with the other connected to ground.  Higher power amplifiers like the CFs have separate drivers for both wires of the speakers.  In a stereo system there would be 4 drivers.
Craig has posted an excellent wiring diagram (attached) for hooking up the sound and neons.  It uses two amplifiers, one for the neon and one for the audio.  You just send the audio source signal into the two amps.  The small "neon amp" should be the type where the speaker drive is referenced to ground.  I used a Future Kit 602 mono amp (info attached).
http://www.futurekit.com/index.php/en/future-kit/audio-equipment/89-product/future-kit/series-6xx/series-6-amplifier/1160-fk602-power-amplifier-2w-mono.html

Hope this helps,
  Bob Ross

From: "'Jeff DeRose' jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders]"
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2015 7:34 PM
Subject: RE: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems

Hi all,  I have an update and (of course) questions.  I ve actually been working with Tom from Tech 22 as I try to hammer out my issues.  Between all of you and him, I ve come a long way.  This is what I figured out:  1.       When I wired my neon up a year ago on the kitchen table, I used a single 12v DC source to power everything (CF unit, second amp, music interface, tech 22 transformer).  In that configuration I did not make use of the - speaker out on the CF unit.  I only used the CF s + speaker wire to feed the music interface.  I used the line out of the CF to feed the voice signals to the second amp and that second amp had the speaker which played the voice files.  Everything worked perfectly.  Packed it up for a year and then recently put it back together.2.       As you all know from this email string, on this round I set it up on the kitchen table and it originally did not work.  The interface would not respond to the voice.  I was baffled.  Everything was hooked the same as the first time.  Or so I thought ..  As it turns out, this last time, I DID NOT SOURCE ALL COMPONENTS FROM THE SAME POWER SOURCE AS I DID THE FIRST TIME.  This time, I used wall transformers for the CF and the second amp and a 12v DC source for the interface and tech22.  This is why it originally did not flash with the voice files.  I m too stupid to explain why that is (I m sure some of you can though!), but it has something to do with the grounding that occurs when all pieces of electronics are power sourced together and on the same ground.  David M is awesome and mentioned the red print in the CF III and IV manuals which states, NOTE: THE SPEAKER OUTPUTS ARE NOT REFERENCED TO GROUND EACH SPEAKER REQUIRES ITS OWN PAIR OF WIRES, AND NEITHER WIRE MAY BE CONNECTED TO GROUND.  3.       Like a fool, in order to get a signal, a couple of days ago I grounded the CF - speaker out to the 12v DC input black.  This made the interface respond to the sound files, but I later learned that the only reason I didn t fry my CF was because I grounded the - speaker wire to the black on the power source that was not feeding the CF (remember it was on a separate wall transformer).  Again, I don t fully understand this stuff, but I sure am lucky!4.       So, today I removed the CF speaker out - from the entire configuration and moved all components to a single 12v DC power supply.  The set up once again works without the - engaged and the neon flashes to the voice files!!!!!  But one problem ..Now the speaker hums (or I guess buzzes) each time the neon turns on.  You can still hear the voice files, but the humming is quite bad.  On top of this, something is causing the interface to flash the neon sporadically on and off even when voice files aren t playing.  Of course when this happens, that humming sounds comes through.  Anyone encounter this before?  If so what did you do about it?  Sign me Jeff I m a lucky idiot DeRose    

From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]
Subject: RE: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems    Glad you fixed it I did reply back on the 25 of October Asking about all your grounds. Lets see some video of you neon working.  garyFrom: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]

Sent from my iPad
  I don't have the specs for all of the pieces you are using. So I'm unclear as to exactly where to connect the speaker ground other than with the rest of the grounds.  Note that others have suggested that the amp may not like it.  I would suggest a test. Hook the amp's output to a speaker. Verify you have sound.  While something is playing, jumper the negative of the speaker to the chassis briefly.  If the amp is happy, the sound keeps playing and there is no distortion, you should be safe to keep the speaker negative to the common ground of all devices. Then you should have a much more solid signal to feed the controller. You still might need to tweak the volume out of the amp and the attenuater.     Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone ------ Original message------From: jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders]Date: Mon, Nov 9, 2015 4:47 PMTo: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com;Subject:Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems   Jeff,

Best,

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Thanks!

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad 

Version: 2016.0.7227 / Virus Database: 4457/10971 - Release Date: 11/09/15 #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 -- #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-mkp { border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px 0;padding:0 10px;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-mkp hr { border:1px solid #d8d8d8;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-mkp #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045hd { color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px 0;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-mkp #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ads { margin-bottom:10px;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-mkp .ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ad { padding:0 0;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-mkp .ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ad p { margin:0;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-mkp .ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ad a { color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-lc { font-family:Arial;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-lc #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045hd { margin:10px 0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-lc .ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ad { margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045actions { font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045activity { background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045activity span { font-weight:700;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045activity span:first-child { text-transform:uppercase;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045activity span a { color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045activity span span { color:#ff7900;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045activity span .ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045underline { text-decoration:underline;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 .ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045attach { clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 .ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045attach div a { text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 .ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045attach img { border:none;padding-right:5px;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 .ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045attach label { display:block;margin-bottom:5px;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 .ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045attach label a { text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 blockquote { margin:0 0 0 4px;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 .ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045bold { font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 .ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045bold a { text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 dd.ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045last p a { font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 dd.ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045last p span { margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 dd.ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045last p span.ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045yshortcuts { margin-right:0;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 div.ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045attach-table div div a { text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 div.ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045attach-table { width:400px;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 div.ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045file-title a, #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 div.ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045file-title a:active, #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 div.ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045file-title a:hover, #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 div.ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045file-title a:visited { text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 div.ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045photo-title a, #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 div.ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045photo-title a:active, #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 div.ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045photo-title a:hover, #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 div.ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045photo-title a:visited { text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 div#ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-mlmsg #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-msg p a span.ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045yshortcuts { font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 .ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045green { color:#628c2a;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 .ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045MsoNormal { margin:0 0 0 0;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 o { font-size:0;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045photos div { float:left;width:72px;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045photos div div { border:1px solid #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045photos div label { color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045reco-category { font-size:77%;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045reco-desc { font-size:77%;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 .ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045replbq { margin:4px;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-actbar div a:first-child { margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-mlmsg { font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-mlmsg table { font-size:inherit;font:100%;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-mlmsg select, #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 input, #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 textarea { font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-mlmsg pre, #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 code { font:115% monospace;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-mlmsg * { line-height:1.22em;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-mlmsg #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045logo { padding-bottom:10px;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-msg p a { font-family:Verdana;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-msg p#ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045attach-count span { color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-reco #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045reco-head { color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-reco { margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ov li a { font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ov li { font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ov ul { margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-text { font-family:Georgia;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-text p { margin:0 0 1em 0;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-text tt { font-size:120%;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045 #ygrps-yiv-553137475yiv5352013045ygrp-vital ul li:last-child { border-right:none !important;} #ygrps-yiv-553137475

Bob Ross

Re: Tech 22 and neon problems [2 Attachments]

Post by Bob Ross » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:59 pm

The Future Kits are manufactures in Thailand.
Here's an ebay source for the Future Kit 602
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FK602-POWER-AMPLIFIER-2-W-MULTI-PURPOSE-MONO-ELECTRONIC-CIRCUIT-BOARD-UN-ASSEMBL-/281754306879

Or, if you speak Russian, here's another source :)

- 2 (TBA820M)
  Image      - 2 (TBA820M) View on www.impex-nw.ruPreview by Yahoo 
To: "B9Builders@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 3:21 PM
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems [2 Attachments]

[Attachment(s) from Bob Ross included below] Jeff,
Apologies for not chiming in on this earlier - have been busy and not online as often as normal.
As you stated the big difference in your former and current setup are the power supplies.  Using the separate ones is what's causing the problem.  Each of your supplies is floating with respect to each other.  Picture two different batteries each powering their own circuits.  Each circuit will work, but if circuit 1 wanted to send a signal to circuit 2, its not going to be able to because they're not connected.  It takes at least 2 wires to connect circuit 1 to 2.  One signal will be the active source and the other will be the ground return.  Your initial attempts at sending the CF output to the Tech22 by just hooking up one wire would not work since the grounds were not connected.
Have a couple suggestions:
1).  Go back to your original single power supply setup and make sure everything works as you remember - sounds are audible, neons flash, no hum.  At this point you'll have a known baseline.
2).  Not 100% sure why you're using 2 power supplies, but if you need to, the ground (neg) of each should be tied together.  This will give the return path for any signal sent from one to the other.  This should theoretically make the setup the same as #1 above.
As for the warning on the CF unit about not connecting the speaker outputs to ground.  I would follow that warning - don't do it.  Typically only very low power amps drive one speaker wire with the other connected to ground.  Higher power amplifiers like the CFs have separate drivers for both wires of the speakers.  In a stereo system there would be 4 drivers.
Craig has posted an excellent wiring diagram (attached) for hooking up the sound and neons.  It uses two amplifiers, one for the neon and one for the audio.  You just send the audio source signal into the two amps.  The small "neon amp" should be the type where the speaker drive is referenced to ground.  I used a Future Kit 602 mono amp (info attached).
http://www.futurekit.com/index.php/en/future-kit/audio-equipment/89-product/future-kit/series-6xx/series-6-amplifier/1160-fk602-power-amplifier-2w-mono.html

Hope this helps,
  Bob Ross

From: "'Jeff DeRose' jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders]"
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2015 7:34 PM
Subject: RE: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems

Hi all,  I have an update and (of course) questions.  I ve actually been working with Tom from Tech 22 as I try to hammer out my issues.  Between all of you and him, I ve come a long way.  This is what I figured out:  1.       When I wired my neon up a year ago on the kitchen table, I used a single 12v DC source to power everything (CF unit, second amp, music interface, tech 22 transformer).  In that configuration I did not make use of the - speaker out on the CF unit.  I only used the CF s + speaker wire to feed the music interface.  I used the line out of the CF to feed the voice signals to the second amp and that second amp had the speaker which played the voice files.  Everything worked perfectly.  Packed it up for a year and then recently put it back together.2.       As you all know from this email string, on this round I set it up on the kitchen table and it originally did not work.  The interface would not respond to the voice.  I was baffled.  Everything was hooked the same as the first time.  Or so I thought ..  As it turns out, this last time, I DID NOT SOURCE ALL COMPONENTS FROM THE SAME POWER SOURCE AS I DID THE FIRST TIME.  This time, I used wall transformers for the CF and the second amp and a 12v DC source for the interface and tech22.  This is why it originally did not flash with the voice files.  I m too stupid to explain why that is (I m sure some of you can though!), but it has something to do with the grounding that occurs when all pieces of electronics are power sourced together and on the same ground.  David M is awesome and mentioned the red print in the CF III and IV manuals which states, NOTE: THE SPEAKER OUTPUTS ARE NOT REFERENCED TO GROUND EACH SPEAKER REQUIRES ITS OWN PAIR OF WIRES, AND NEITHER WIRE MAY BE CONNECTED TO GROUND.  3.       Like a fool, in order to get a signal, a couple of days ago I grounded the CF - speaker out to the 12v DC input black.  This made the interface respond to the sound files, but I later learned that the only reason I didn t fry my CF was because I grounded the - speaker wire to the black on the power source that was not feeding the CF (remember it was on a separate wall transformer).  Again, I don t fully understand this stuff, but I sure am lucky!4.       So, today I removed the CF speaker out - from the entire configuration and moved all components to a single 12v DC power supply.  The set up once again works without the - engaged and the neon flashes to the voice files!!!!!  But one problem ..Now the speaker hums (or I guess buzzes) each time the neon turns on.  You can still hear the voice files, but the humming is quite bad.  On top of this, something is causing the interface to flash the neon sporadically on and off even when voice files aren t playing.  Of course when this happens, that humming sounds comes through.  Anyone encounter this before?  If so what did you do about it?  Sign me Jeff I m a lucky idiot DeRose    

From: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:B9Builders@yahoogroups.com]

Sent from my iPad
  I don't have the specs for all of the pieces you are using. So I'm unclear as to exactly where to connect the speaker ground other than with the rest of the grounds.  Note that others have suggested that the amp may not like it.  I would suggest a test. Hook the amp's output to a speaker. Verify you have sound.  While something is playing, jumper the negative of the speaker to the chassis briefly.  If the amp is happy, the sound keeps playing and there is no distortion, you should be safe to keep the speaker negative to the common ground of all devices. Then you should have a much more solid signal to feed the controller. You still might need to tweak the volume out of the amp and the attenuater.     Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone ------ Original message------From: jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders]Date: Mon, Nov 9, 2015 4:47 PMTo: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com;Subject:Re: [B9Builders] Tech 22 and neon problems   Jeff,

Best,

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Thanks!

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad 

#ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 -- #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-mkp { border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px 0;padding:0 10px;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-mkp hr { border:1px solid #d8d8d8;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-mkp #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406hd { color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px 0;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-mkp #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ads { margin-bottom:10px;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-mkp .ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ad { padding:0 0;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-mkp .ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ad p { margin:0;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-mkp .ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ad a { color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-lc { font-family:Arial;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-lc #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406hd { margin:10px 0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-lc .ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ad { margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406actions { font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406activity { background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406activity span { font-weight:700;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406activity span:first-child { text-transform:uppercase;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406activity span a { color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406activity span span { color:#ff7900;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406activity span .ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406underline { text-decoration:underline;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 .ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406attach { clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 .ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406attach div a { text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 .ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406attach img { border:none;padding-right:5px;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 .ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406attach label { display:block;margin-bottom:5px;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 .ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406attach label a { text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 blockquote { margin:0 0 0 4px;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 .ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406bold { font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 .ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406bold a { text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 dd.ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406last p a { font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 dd.ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406last p span { margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 dd.ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406last p span.ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406yshortcuts { margin-right:0;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 div.ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406attach-table div div a { text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 div.ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406attach-table { width:400px;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 div.ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406file-title a, #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 div.ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406file-title a:active, #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 div.ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406file-title a:hover, #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 div.ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406file-title a:visited { text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 div.ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406photo-title a, #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 div.ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406photo-title a:active, #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 div.ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406photo-title a:hover, #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 div.ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406photo-title a:visited { text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 div#ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-mlmsg #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-msg p a span.ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406yshortcuts { font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 .ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406green { color:#628c2a;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 .ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406MsoNormal { margin:0 0 0 0;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 o { font-size:0;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406photos div { float:left;width:72px;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406photos div div { border:1px solid #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406photos div label { color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406reco-category { font-size:77%;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406reco-desc { font-size:77%;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 .ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406replbq { margin:4px;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-actbar div a:first-child { margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-mlmsg { font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-mlmsg table { font-size:inherit;font:100%;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-mlmsg select, #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 input, #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 textarea { font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-mlmsg pre, #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 code { font:115% monospace;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-mlmsg * { line-height:1.22em;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-mlmsg #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406logo { padding-bottom:10px;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-msg p a { font-family:Verdana;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-msg p#ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406attach-count span { color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-reco #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406reco-head { color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-reco { margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ov li a { font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ov li { font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ov ul { margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-text { font-family:Georgia;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-text p { margin:0 0 1em 0;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-text tt { font-size:120%;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406 #ygrps-yiv-1932892337yiv3547105406ygrp-vital ul li:last-child { border-right:none !important;} #ygrps-yiv-1932892337