Re: Sound effects

Bob Darlington

Sound effects

Post by Bob Darlington » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:32 pm

Hah, so last night I sat down to watch a classic sci-fi movie, The Fly. The one with Vincent Price from 1959. Well, as soon as the mad scientist fired up his matter transporter, what sound do I hear? The exact same sound as the robot from LiS! I wasn't expecting that.
Anybody know anything about this? Is this is a common sound from old sci-fi movies?
-Bob

Bob Darlington

Post by Bob Darlington » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:33 pm

Sorry, make that 1958!
On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Bob Darlington wrote:
Hah, so last night I sat down to watch a classic sci-fi movie, The Fly. The one with Vincent Price from 1959. Well, as soon as the mad scientist fired up his matter transporter, what sound do I hear? The exact same sound as the robot from LiS! I wasn't expecting that.
Anybody know anything about this? Is this is a common sound from old sci-fi movies?
-Bob

WIlliam Colleton

Post by WIlliam Colleton » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:41 pm

the sound bytes wouldn't surprise me seeing how there both released by 20th cent fox.
On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 3:31 PM, Bob Darlington rdarlington@gmail.com [B9Builders] wrote:

-Bob

Tim Lindsey

Post by Tim Lindsey » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:12 pm

I notice the Robot sound effect used in a scene from "X-The Unknown" as well.

Tim L.
On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Bob Darlington rdarlington@gmail.com [B9Builders] wrote:

-Bob

toborthegreat00150

Post by toborthegreat00150 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:18 pm

Hey Bob:   Yes for sure about one of my favorite movies, The Fly. David Hedison. Yes if you look at the credits of the movie, you will see L.B. Abbott's name. He did the sound effects for Lost In Space and Fantastic Voyage, on and on for 20th Century Fox.   Victor B9-0082   In a message dated 10/20/2015 3:33:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, B9Builders@yahoogroups.com writes:

Sorry, make that 1958!
On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Bob Darlington wrote:
Hah, so last night I sat down to watch a classic sci-fi movie, The Fly.  The one with Vincent Price from 1959.  Well, as soon as the mad scientist fired up his matter transporter, what sound do I hear?  The exact same sound as the robot from LiS!  I wasn't expecting that.
Anybody know anything about this?  Is this is a common sound from old sci-fi movies?
-Bob