Re: Neon Mounting to Back Plate

toborthegreat00150

Neon Mounting to Back Plate

Post by toborthegreat00150 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:48 pm

Dear Members:   It been a while since I mounted a neon on to a back plate. I just was wondering about the bottom half of the neon.   The bottom half of the neon has a slightly separated bar. I was wondering does that bar go along with the upper section of the neon so it looks like a one piece neon?    Is that bar flush against the plate? Or is it turned around that it is suspended not touching the back plate?   Just one of the those things. If anyone can find a photo on the site, I would sure appreciate it. I removed the old neon from my robot and have Craig's to mount.   Thanks Guys.   Victor B9-0082    

David Schulpius

Post by David Schulpius » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:26 pm

Attachments :I dont know the answer to your question but here's a couple pictures of how I mounted Craig's neon on David's backplate. Hopefully it will help (hopefully you can see them. The last ones I attached didn't seem to make the trip). Dave Schulpius
[img]cid:ii_if396twc0_150118dd88f86210[/img]
[img]cid:ii_if396twl1_150118dd88f86210[/img]
[img]cid:ii_if396twr2_150118dd88f86210[/img]
On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Tobor001@aol.com [B9Builders] wrote:

Dear Members: It been a while since I mounted a neon on to a back plate. I just was wondering about the bottom half of the neon. The bottom half of the neon has a slightly separated bar. I was wondering does that bar go along with the upper section of the neon so it looks like a one piece neon? Is that bar flush against the plate? Or is it turned around that it is suspended not touching the back plate? Just one of the those things. If anyone can find a photo on the site, I would sure appreciate it. I removed the old neon from my robot and have Craig's to mount. Thanks Guys. Victor B9-0082

r k

Post by r k » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:18 pm

Attachments :

When I mounted mine I rigged it so the neon floats on rubber stoppers to absorb any jarring..

To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 20:25:37 -0500
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Neon Mounting to Back Plate

I dont know the answer to your question but here's a couple pictures of how I mounted Craig's neon on David's backplate. Hopefully it will help (hopefully you can see them. The last ones I attached didn't seem to make the trip). Dave Schulpius
[img]cid:ii_if396twc0_150118dd88f86210[/img]
[img]cid:ii_if396twl1_150118dd88f86210[/img]
[img]cid:ii_if396twr2_150118dd88f86210[/img]

Dear Members:   It been a while since I mounted a neon on to a back plate. I just was wondering about the bottom half of the neon.   The bottom half of the neon has a slightly separated bar. I was wondering does that bar go along with the upper section of the neon so it looks like a one piece neon?    Is that bar flush against the plate? Or is it turned around that it is suspended not touching the back plate?   Just one of the those things. If anyone can find a photo on the site, I would sure appreciate it. I removed the old neon from my robot and have Craig's to mount.   Thanks Guys.   Victor B9-0082    

Charlie's BatCave

Post by Charlie's BatCave » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:51 am

I did something similar...I glued some of those firm sponge "Toe-Spreaders" that women use to separate their toes when they paint the toenails. The Neon snaps in and out in seconds.

Charlie
RoboCon
The Place Where Robots Meet
www.robocondenver.com
----- Original Message -----
To: "B9Builders@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2015 9:18:55 PM
Subject: RE: [B9Builders] Neon Mounting to Back Plate

When I mounted mine I rigged it so the neon floats on rubber stoppers to absorb any jarring..

I dont know the answer to your question but here's a couple pictures of how I mounted Craig's neon on David's backplate. Hopefully it will help (hopefully you can see them. The last ones I attached didn't seem to make the trip). Dave Schulpius

Dear Members:

It been a while since I mounted a neon on to a back
plate. I just was wondering about the bottom half of the neon.

The bottom half of the neon has a slightly separated bar.
I was wondering does that bar go along with the upper section of the neon so it
looks like a one piece neon?

Is that bar flush against the plate? Or is it turned
around that it is suspended not touching the back plate?

Just one of the those things. If anyone can find a photo
on the site, I would sure appreciate it. I removed the old neon from my robot
and have Craig's to mount.

Thanks Guys.

Victor
B9-0082

toborthegreat00150

Post by toborthegreat00150 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:55 pm

Hey Builders:   Thank you very much for the tips on the neon. Sure was a big help.  It was about in 2004 that I mounted one.   Take care.   Victor B9-0082   In a message dated 9/28/2015 12:51:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, B9Builders@yahoogroups.com writes:

I did something similar...I glued some of those firm sponge "Toe-Spreaders" that women use to separate their toes when they paint the toenails. The Neon snaps in and out in seconds.

Charlie
RoboCon
The Place Where Robots Meet
www.robocondenver.com
----- Original Message -----
To: "B9Builders@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2015 9:18:55 PM
Subject: RE: [B9Builders] Neon Mounting to Back Plate

I dont know the answer to your question but here's a couple pictures of how I mounted Craig's neon on David's backplate. Hopefully it will help (hopefully you can see them. The last ones I attached didn't seem to make the trip). Dave Schulpius

Dear Members:

It been a while since I mounted a neon on to a back
plate. I just was wondering about the bottom half of the neon.

The bottom half of the neon has a slightly separated bar.
I was wondering does that bar go along with the upper section of the neon so it
looks like a one piece neon?

Is that bar flush against the plate? Or is it turned
around that it is suspended not touching the back plate?

Just one of the those things. If anyone can find a photo
on the site, I would sure appreciate it. I removed the old neon from my robot
and have Craig's to mount.

Thanks Guys.

Victor
B9-0082