Re: LASER CUT STEEL BRAINS... Anyone Interested?

Mark Dziak

Post by Mark Dziak » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:03 am

The original hero brain appears to have been made out of all aluminum.  Would it be possible to make the brains out of aluminum and simply glue them together?  We wouldn't have the rust issues caused by the flux in the seams, no need to copper plate, and there would be a weight savings for anyone constructing a costume robot or for animation.  It may actually keep the cost down too.  Just a thought...   Mark    

greinca .

Post by greinca . » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:08 am

This information maybe helpful, they have amazing stuff for do soldering in stainless steel, aluminum, cast iron and more...

http://muggyweld.com/

RegardsC
2015-09-26 22:42 GMT-04:00 James McGhee mcgheezer@gmail.com [B9Builders] :

Hi Craig,
I'm also interested in some brains. Regarding the soldering, have you had luck soldering steel? Are you using silver solder? I could see brazing, or tack welding, but don't you need a really good flux and perfect temperature to get solder to run on steel.
Just curious.
-j.
B9-0600
On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 7:32 PM, Craig Reinbrecht craig@bex.net [B9Builders] wrote:

The alignment tabs help hold everything together which greatly aids in soldering, and the best method is a nice bead of solder all the way around...

Craig

At 04:43 PM 9/26/2015, you wrote:

You mean all you have to do is soldier the allignment tabs?

--
Sent from my M5 Multi-tronic smartphone - a nextgen human engram device designed by Dr. Richard Daystrom