-------- Original message --------
From: "Jerry Chevalier jerry.chevalier@att.net [B9Builders]"
Date: 09/13/2015 5:49 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] New boy! [2 Attachments]

[img]cid:F7434376-F424-4262-ABC0-A8EA4EB7662E[/img]
[img]cid:0172EA8B-567E-4AB9-8059-A8D681ACD5E7[/img]
Misspelling courtesy of my iPhone 6 Plus
On Sep 13, 2015, at 6:44 PM, Jerry Chevalier jerry.chevalier@att.net [B9Builders] wrote:

If you come on down for the build off you will see my bad Dalek and my STORM I made for Doctor Who

Misspelling courtesy of my iPhone 6 Plus
On Sep 13, 2015, at 6:11 PM, Ron Willits rwillits66@yahoo.com [B9Builders] wrote:

Welcome Mark!
Mine is pretty much scratch built (except for the torso.)  And I think he rocks. Just like your Dalek...build it for you.  That's the only person who can judge how cool it is.  Mine has a lot of wood and low tech bits and bobs under the dome as well....but I like it.

Cheers,
RonB90446

BTW  I have a Dalek and a K9 in the background being built as well.  It seems Sci Fi has no borders :) 
To: "B9Builders@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2015 1:28 PM
Subject: [B9Builders] New boy! [1 Attachment]

[Attachment(s) from Mark Smith included below] Hi all.

I'm in the UK and have recently joined your group. I have been building a radio control Dalek over the last few years and have about finished it (a few tweaks to do) and was looking for a possible next project. As a child growing up in the 69's I was a big fan of Lost in Space and thought it would be nice to have a go at building a B9 robot. However, having been reading your Emails and looking at the quality and detail of your builds, I think I am well out of my depth! I am sure that the robots you clever people are building would not be out of place on a NASA mission to Mars! My Dalek is so low tech as to be almost Stone Age in comparison, it's all MDF and servo operated micro switches and made using carpentry tools rather than precision engineering equipment. So baring all that in mind, is there anyone in the group that is or has built an extremely low tech version of a B9? I think if I find the courage to start a build, mine would have to look the part from the outside but be a very simply construction. I can see problems with the bubble head as I doubt there are any UK suppliers of a suitable structure and import duty on top of purchase price and postage would probably make buying from the U.S. unviable. Any thoughts on a cheap and cheerful, simple build would be most welcome.

Kind regards,

Mark Smith

Sent from my iPad