Re: trailer hitch

Yahoo Groups Legacy Content
RG

trailer hitch

Post by RG » Mon Aug 14, 2000 7:39 am

Hello everyone ;     I finally got around to installing a front bumper, class III , 2 inch receiver on my Sahara and wanted to let you all know it was a piece of cake. Why you may ask ? Well I usually tow the Explorer behind the coach which ties up that receiver. And although I could have put items behind the Explorer in its' receiver it would have meant anytime we left with the tow vehicle we would have had to have taken the bikes or cooler along with it. Not always practical. This way we will be able to carry bicycles up front, or a platform to hold a very large Igloo cooler as our refrigerator is not large enough to hold a serious weekends' worth of cold beverages when we are at the race track or beach.     If any of you were considering this modification It took no more than three hours including the trip to the welders shop. RG

Ed Lipson

trailer hitch

Post by Ed Lipson » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:21 am

Does anyone have any experience using a  pintle hook over a conventional trailer hitch   Ed   1995 Safari Serengeti

Dale Maggio

Re: trailer hitch

Post by Dale Maggio » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:40 pm

Everything from a mid-size truck on up use the pintle. They are stronger but have a little slop and that is usually annoying to car drivers. -=Dale=- -------------------------------------------- On Tue, 9/24/13, Ed Lipson wrote: Subject: [Safarifriends] trailer hitch To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com Date: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 9:28 AM Does anyone have any experience using a  pintle hook over a conventional trailer hitch   Ed   1995 Safari Serengeti