Re: Fw: Roof separation on Trek

Yahoo Groups Legacy Content
RG

Fw: Roof separation on Trek

Post by RG » Sat Jul 29, 2000 9:20 am

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hugh" Newsgroups: alt.rv Sent: Friday, July 28, 2000 10:35 PM Subject: Re: Roof separation on Trek > Boy, I'd be on Trek's case like gangbusters. Don't let anyone tell you > the rubber shouldn't be cemented to the under roof material. Have > someone else drive the coach. Take it on a superslab and you follow > where you can see the area described. It will balloon up. A local dealer > doesn't like the rubber roof for this reason. Claims he's seen too many > "balloons" on the road. > Hugh > > jvoos@... wrote: > > > > I have a '99 Trek that I was cleaning the roof on > > the other week. I noticed that the roof material > > behind the fiberglass end caps seem to be a > > bit "bubbled" - Their was a slight raised area > > above the underlayment. Should the roof material > > be adhered to the underlayment firmly with no > > gaps underneath? I don't have any leaks, but > > was just curious if this may be a problem waiting > > to happen that needs to be fixed before my > > warranty expires. > > > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ > > Before you buy.

Gary Smith

Re: Fw: Roof separation on Trek

Post by Gary Smith » Sat Jul 29, 2000 12:38 pm

The roof isn't rubber on the Treks. --- In Safarifriends@egroups.com, "RG" wrote: > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Hugh" > Newsgroups: alt.rv > Sent: Friday, July 28, 2000 10:35 PM > Subject: Re: Roof separation on Trek > > > > Boy, I'd be on Trek's case like gangbusters. Don't let anyone tell you > > the rubber shouldn't be cemented to the under roof material. Have > > someone else drive the coach. Take it on a superslab and you follow > > where you can see the area described. It will balloon up. A local dealer > > doesn't like the rubber roof for this reason. Claims he's seen too many > > "balloons" on the road. > > Hugh > > > > jvoos@m... wrote: > > > > > > I have a '99 Trek that I was cleaning the roof on > > > the other week. I noticed that the roof material > > > behind the fiberglass end caps seem to be a > > > bit "bubbled" - Their was a slight raised area > > > above the underlayment. Should the roof material > > > be adhered to the underlayment firmly with no > > > gaps underneath? I don't have any leaks, but > > > was just curious if this may be a problem waiting > > > to happen that needs to be fixed before my > > > warranty expires. > > > > > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ > > > Before you buy.