Re: Hello

Yahoo Groups Legacy Content
Slider

Hello

Post by Slider » Thu Jul 27, 2000 7:42 pm

Hello all. I just wanted to say I'm glad to have found this group. What a good way to share information. We have a 1993 Kalahari and love it. It is not a nice as some of the newer and bigger coaches, but it fits us well. I have a RV web site and would like to post some pictures of fellow Safari owners rigs. Please send me some if you would like to. I will be posting the things I'm doing to my coach from time to time also, and would like to include any tips and good things you have learned. Please send me some information you have on good places to visit in your Safari as well. I thought about adding a page just for Safari owners so if anyone would be interested in this just let me know. You can find us at http://www.austintec.net/rv Thanks, and be safe. Slider

Lional Todd

Hello

Post by Lional Todd » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:18 pm

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. I am a new Safari Continental owner, having just purchased a '93 model. I will be headed out to Seattle next week to pick it up and drive it back to my home in Virginia. Would love to hear from anyone that can recommend routes and offer any other information that might be useful for the trip. Unfortunately I have only 6 days to get back home. I am looking forward to the trip though. Thanks in advance for your help and good wishes. I look forward to reading the back message file and learning more about Safari Motorhomes. Lional and Jeanne Todd

John/Joann Figueras

Post by John/Joann Figueras » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:12 am

Go south to Route 40. We're about to leave from the east, and will drive south until the weather is OK to head west--maybe to Route 20. Good luck, and stay off slippery roads.

Steve & Carolyn

Hello

Post by Steve & Carolyn » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:40 am

We are new to the group and want to say hello. We hail from the San Diego area. We have a '96 Sahara 3540 (original owners) that we recently finished redoing the inside. We put hardwood floors throughout, took out the sofa and put a 'backchair' recliner in it's place and replaced the pilot and copilot's chairs. We are 'semi' fulltimers now, spending about 9 months out and three in. Our RVing days started in 1972 with a Yellowstone trailer, moved to Class C, then A's. With all my surfing, I can't believe I didn't find this group sooner. We're looking forward to participating. Steve & Carolyn

Jim Vander Mey

Post by Jim Vander Mey » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:46 pm

HI steve and Carol, Im sure I speak for many feel free to show off your remodel. I would love to see the before during and after pics. Jim & Sal 92 Safari Ivory --- Steve & Carolyn wrote: > We are new to the group and want to say hello. > We hail from the San Diego area. We have a '96 > Sahara 3540 (original > owners) that we recently finished redoing the > inside. We put hardwood > floors throughout, took out the sofa and put a > 'backchair' recliner in > it's place and replaced the pilot and copilot's > chairs. > We are 'semi' fulltimers now, spending about 9 > months out and three in. > Our RVing days started in 1972 with a Yellowstone > trailer, moved to > Class C, then A's. > With all my surfing, I can't believe I didn't find > this group sooner. > We're looking forward to participating. > > Steve & Carolyn > > Sincerely, Jim Vander Mey ____________________________________________________________________________________ You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/text5.com

n1jaf

Post by n1jaf » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:04 pm

Welcome to the group. We also have a 96 (Srengeti 3740) that we purchased new. Cathy got tired of cleaning the rugs so I installed vinyl flooring everywhere except the bedroom. We also took out the sofa and installed two recliners that I bolted to the floor. Great minds and all that. I also built and installed a computerized dashboard. I posted pictures of the dash in the photos section. We are in New Jersey. Hope you enjoy this site. I find it very helpful. Jack & Cathy --- In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, "Steve & Carolyn" wrote: > > We are new to the group and want to say hello. > We hail from the San Diego area. We have a '96 Sahara 3540 (original > owners) that we recently finished redoing the inside. We put hardwood > floors throughout, took out the sofa and put a 'backchair' recliner in > it's place and replaced the pilot and copilot's chairs. > We are 'semi' fulltimers now, spending about 9 months out and three in. > Our RVing days started in 1972 with a Yellowstone trailer, moved to > Class C, then A's. > With all my surfing, I can't believe I didn't find this group sooner. > We're looking forward to participating. > > Steve & Carolyn >

KarenInTheWoods *

Post by KarenInTheWoods * » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:37 pm

Welcome! You can all post pics on the yahoo group photo link.. create an album to share with us. I have some pics on there of recovering my couches and a few other things we did to our 1996 Serengeti. We are soooo anxious to get camping! We are doing preventative maintenance and working on filters and oil changes etc. With the discontinuation of the Winn 200200 filter for the water separator, we got ahold of an adaptor ($17) from a local trucking company who runs all Cats.... and then bought their filters for only $8 each and made a new bracket to hold it into place. Did the big fuel filter now too, and have just to get that last one up high on engine near the fan. And we just did the Onan propane generator filter too..... Won't be long and this snow will melt and it will be time to go camping! KarenInTheWoods and Steveio 1996 Safari Serengeti 38ft DP Honda Helix NOT up on the back rack Cuz its still winter in the Wisconsin Northwoods On 4/1/08, n1jaf wrote: > Welcome to the group. We also have a 96 (Srengeti 3740) that we > purchased new. Cathy got tired of cleaning the rugs so I installed > vinyl flooring everywhere except the bedroom. We also took out the > sofa and installed two recliners that I bolted to the floor. Great > minds and all that. > > I also built and installed a computerized dashboard. I posted > pictures of the dash in the photos section. > > We are in New Jersey. Hope you enjoy this site. I find it very > helpful. > > Jack & Cathy > > --- In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, "Steve & Carolyn" > wrote: > > > > We are new to the group and want to say hello. > > We hail from the San Diego area. We have a '96 Sahara 3540 > (original > > owners) that we recently finished redoing the inside. We put > hardwood > > floors throughout, took out the sofa and put a 'backchair' recliner > in > > it's place and replaced the pilot and copilot's chairs. > > We are 'semi' fulltimers now, spending about 9 months out and three > in. > > Our RVing days started in 1972 with a Yellowstone trailer, moved to > > Class C, then A's. > > With all my surfing, I can't believe I didn't find this group > sooner. > > We're looking forward to participating. > > > > Steve & Carolyn > > > > >

Gert Zander

Post by Gert Zander » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:30 pm

KarenInTheWoods * wrote: > > And we just did the Onan propane generator filter too..... > > > > KarenInTheWoods and Steveio > 1996 Safari Serengeti 38ft DP > Honda Helix NOT up on the back rack > Cuz its still winter in the Wisconsin Northwoods > > > > Where did you buy the filter, if you don't mind me asking? > > Gert Antelope Acres,CA 93 Serengeti SKP 52026

KarenInTheWoods *

Post by KarenInTheWoods * » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:43 pm

Hubby dear said he got if from Bumper to Bumper... about $8... for our Onan 6300K (book says 6500?) propane generator .... Wix 51762 Karen and Steveio On 4/1/08, Gert Zander wrote: > KarenInTheWoods * wrote: > > > > And we just did the Onan propane generator filter too..... > > > > > > > > KarenInTheWoods and Steveio > > 1996 Safari Serengeti 38ft DP > > Honda Helix NOT up on the back rack > > Cuz its still winter in the Wisconsin Northwoods > > > > > > > > Where did you buy the filter, if you don't mind me asking? > > > > > Gert > > Antelope Acres,CA > 93 Serengeti > SKP 52026 > >

Gert Zander

Post by Gert Zander » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:42 am

Thanks KarenInTheWoods * wrote: > Hubby dear said he got if from Bumper to Bumper... about $8... for our > Onan 6300K (book says 6500?) propane generator .... > > Wix 51762 > > > Karen and Steveio > > >>> >>> >>> >> > >