Fw: Diesel leak possible

Yahoo Groups Legacy Content
Richard G

Fw: Diesel leak possible

Post by Richard G » Fri Apr 21, 2000 8:08 pm

----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2000 6:43 PM Subject: Diesel leak possible > Hi Richard, > Just thought I'd pass along this little tid-bit that was expensive for > me. Our coach is a 1996 Continental and we consider it well maintained. > Fortunately or unfortunately we keep it here at home on it's own pad next to > the house. We drove in from shopping the other day and saw some liquid > coming out under the front of the coach. Diesel! The rubber filler hose > from the tank is a marine grade fuel hose. The only problem is it has a > rather sharp bend just before it enters the tank. This is an engineering no, > no. After four years the hose developed cracks at the strain of the turn. > One of these let go just as we arrived home. The diesel was just starting to > pour out when we came home. We quickly jacked the front of the coach up with > all the blocks we could find to stem the flow. We taped it tightly and was > able to get it to a RV dealer and get a new hose on it. It ruined a portion > of my asphalt driveway in those few moments. I'm not a happy camper for > sure. Things could have been really disastrous had we been away or been in a > campground somewhere. Everyone should take the time to inspect their filler > hose espacially if their coach is over three years old. I'm going to have a > muffler shop bend or order me a steel elbow and use two straight pieces of > hose. End of problem......Tom & Deanna Tutton