Introductory message to all of you

Yahoo Groups Legacy Content
prieye@xxx.xxx

Introductory message to all of you

Post by prieye@xxx.xxx » Mon Jan 03, 2000 8:49 pm

Greetings everyone ! After many a discussion around the camp fire the first step has been taken towards establishing a newsgroup that deals with anything and everything concerning Safari Motor Homes and the people that own them or are interested in them. I hope that this newsgroup fills a void that should have been addressed by the manufacturer. Namely, serving as a forum for the transfer of information from owner to owner regarding product recalls, fixes and improvements, hints, trouble shooting, suggestions, and whatever else is pertinent. Things like where to buy oil filters at a great price, how long will that air filter really last, how to keep your cupboard doors shut, battery maintainence, storage tips, tire information, etc., etc., will go a long ways towards making this a viable newsgroup. I have initially structured it to be a moderated newsgroup, meaning I review all submissions and then post them. The reason for this is so that we don't get any kooky messages. ONELIST does a fine job at discourageing these things but to be sure I'll keep an ey on it for a while. But it is my intention to open it up to being unmoderated just as soon as possible. The newsgroup will also be open to people who are interested in the Safari product as well as those who may not like it for various reasons. That's OK, the more discussion the better. I also envision this newsgroup to serve as a bulletin board for its members to get word to other members as to where they are, where they are going, and things of the like. Wouldn't it be great to log on (if you elect not to receive instant e-mails) and see that the nice couple you met at such and such a place is one town over at such and such a campground. You never would have known otherwise now would you ? Granted this may take some time, but I don't think any of us intends on checking out in the near future, so we have the time. All we need is input, not lurkers. So start the posting and spread the word. Let's build this Newsgroup up to a point where it really works well. And I'll see some of you at the SMC rally in Orlando in February ! Drive safe Richard Giampietro FMCA 239480